Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was weird...I thought of buying a book that made me question myself...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was weird...I thought of buying a book that made me question myself...

For some reason, I sometimes like to read about the human psyche.

Usually it's harmless stuff. I have books about how to "sell" myself (pretty good book, actually), how to "sell" services, and those sorts of things.

Recently, though, I was browsing amazon for books, and came upon this book that made me really question myself, based solely on the fact that I wanted to buy it.

It's a book, basically about the "anti-Freudian". It's not about the id, ego, and super-ego. It's more about the "Dark Triad"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_triad

And for some reason the fact that this book not only covered how to beware of the "Dark Triad" (Narcissism, Machiavellianism, Psychopathy), but also how to occasionally use them, made me question myself.

I wouldn't mind, for sure, knowing how to recognize them. I'm sure that some of the techniques might be useful in the workplace, but I just don't know if I'm the kind of person to actually use them.

Is this strange to anyone?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Nope, not at all. Both myself and the hubs get books like that all the time... Mostly to study other people, but once in a while we crack them open to have friendly debates on who we think may be "better" at being a psycho or narcissist. Not that we'd ever actually DO anything... Just a fun debate.
    Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Working...
    X