Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers and huggy things for moving house...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers and huggy things for moving house...

So our landlord decided he wanted to renovate the place and since one of the other flatmates moved back to his parents and another was going camping off in Europe(and that's a whole 'nother story),we got two months'notice. Started searching quickly to avoid running round on the last week looking for a place.
    And one after one they fell through...

*one wanted females only
    *one didn't specify Monday-Friday
    *one on arrival looked like a hostel with corridors with doors going off.That was weird*
    *another had major litter problems-like the large boxes of them lying everywhere. That and the dining room was out in the shed
    *another didn't say the rent quoted was for each person-if there was only one of me,it'd be doubled.
    *another who didn't realize their advert stated Village Near Me,not Village With Same Name out in the middle of nowhere
    *one who agreed I was superb and would get in touch after the weekend to sign everything up and now disappeared without trace.

And now,I have to have my stuff out by Sunday.And I have two I'm waiting to hear back from.It's either going to be a bit of a frantic move if I do get one of them-everything dumped in a storage unit and then move it into the new place in a couple of weeks since I don't drive.Or it's going to be B&B or move back to mother's whilst I search. Mother lives 2 hours away-not easy when searching for properties.

And it's getting fraught.I have no idea where I will be next week or if there will be a roof over my head
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

I'll light a candle for you, hon. That sucks.

Comment

*many many hugs*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

And another one I didn't get.It didn't even go to the other person who was seeing it(that was a girl and that might have been popular in a house full of guys)... but one of the guys already there brought his work colleague in...

Two new ones today.One sounds just right...right area,good for transport,right price... here's hoping
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Best of luck and plenty of hugs to you!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            AOne sounds just right...right area,good for transport,right price... here's hoping
            I hope so, too. Best of luck!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

*crosses fingers!*
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
              X