This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird positions of the body while asleep

So this was strange. I woke up one day one my side and one of my legs was twisted so that my toes were pointed behind my other leg somehow. Omg it hurt so bad, it was a wonder why I didn't wake up from the pain. But it turns out that it only hurt when I tried to move it. My knee was also turned and I couldn't bend it even a little. In the end, I finally got out of bed by untwisting it verrrrry sloooowly and now it's fine. Thank goodness.
    WHY would my leg twist itself like that?! I know I didn't tell it to. :/ I guess I wasn't sleeping correctly.
    Another time I remember waking up and rolling over a bit, and then someone's DEAD ARM smacked my face hard! I screamed, and then realized it was my own arm, numb from sleeping on it. It was weird how it'd felt like someone else's arm, until I poked some feeling into it and it became mine again. :/
    So has things like this happened to anyone else?
    Last edited by HotelMinion; 05-31-2016, 09:34 PM.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I tend to twist my arms up like a pretzel in my sleep and they'll go numb. Makes it tricky when the alarm goes off and I'm trying to turn it off when I can't feel anything.

I move around a lot in my sleep. Never wake up in the same position I fell asleep in. When I was with my ex, I apparently kicked him regularly.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Oh, when I was a teenager, the dead arm thing happened to me. Only I didn't smack myself in the face, I very gently caressed my face with my dead hand. I woke up not being able to feel my hand, but feeling a hand stroking my face. Scared the shit out of myself

Comment

Quoth April View Post
        Oh, when I was a teenager, the dead arm thing happened to me. Only I didn't smack myself in the face, I very gently caressed my face with my dead hand. I woke up not being able to feel my hand, but feeling a hand stroking my face. Scared the shit out of myself
        For some reason this made me laugh, sorry!

Sometimes I fall asleep with my left arm bent at the elbow and it goes 'dead' like that. It creeps me out but it goes back to normal when I move it to the normal position. The left arm does it more than the right, which I think is related to having frozen shoulder on that side a few years ago.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The only time I've ever had my arm go dead like that, I managed to prop it upright and was trying so hard to flex my wrist and wake my arm up, but it just flopped there. I would have panicked but I was still half asleep. I just wanted my arm to wake up.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I'm a very active sleeper. Combined with back issues and (before the ops) carpal tunnel in both wrists I've learned to pen myself against the wall with pillows so that I don't wake up in some weird position and hurt for the rest of the day. Before that I woke up many mornings with my feet facing in the opposite directors from my shoulders or my arm twisted up under me.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              For some reason this made me laugh, sorry!

Sometimes I fall asleep with my left arm bent at the elbow and it goes 'dead' like that. It creeps me out but it goes back to normal when I move it to the normal position. The left arm does it more than the right, which I think is related to having frozen shoulder on that side a few years ago.
              That's ok. I laugh about it too

Comment

I don't move around a lot or sleep in weird positions but I somehow manage to have weird stuff like that anyway. My right arm has been falling asleep decently often. And recently I developed a spot on the outside side of my thigh that tingles.....minty? That's the only way I can think to describe it and it's not the whole leg, just the skin. The skin feels tight and if I'm lucky it's only tingly and it doesn't sting. Only happens in bed. Had a couple nights a couple of years ago where I woke up and the skin at the base of my skull felt like it had fallen asleep. Shifted and passed back out and was fine when I woke up.
                "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

When it's cold I sleep mostly on my stomach and tuck my arms underneath myself. It sounds weird, and it looks weird, but it's comfortable. My arms don't go to sleep in that position. When it gets warmer I still sleep on my stomach, but tuck my arms under my pillow. Sometimes one will go to sleep in that position. I get a little paranoid about it... Like, what happens if the circulation is cut off for too long? If I'm sleeping in the same bed as someone I don't move during the night, at all. I will wake up in exactly the same position, and sometimes have a sore neck due to not moving. Even in my sleep I prefer being alone, that's lovely.

If I wake up on my back I'm probably sick. I have no idea why, but that's just something I've observed over time. I normally can't sleep on my back at all, no matter how tired I am.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My bed is kinda high and I have two fur kids (cats). I woke up needing to pee and went to get out of bed and .... WHUMP! Flat on the ground. My sleepy brain was wondering how I ended up down there and then I realized my one leg was completely numb. Apparently legs do not hold one upright when numb. I slept sorta funny but I think it was mostly the 15 pound cat sleeping on my leg that did it.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
                      Another time I remember waking up and rolling over a bit, and then someone's DEAD ARM smacked my face hard! I screamed, and then realized it was my own arm, numb from sleeping on it. I...
                      ...and then realized that you were lying on that arm,so that couldn't've been the one that smacked you...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                      X