This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coin collector advise please

So as you may or may not know i am visiting my Nana.

After going to a noodle shop with meimei and mom (which they where indifferent too and i enjoyed, meimei's issue was the service and the fact that the tables are all set up for 8 people and not less i thought the food was tasty and interesting) and finding an apartment meimei liked enough to put an application in for mom asked me to take in nana's change in to be counted.

I go gather all the containers full of change from her dresser to consolidate it. We open the first bag, pull something out and I immediately dropped it back and said 'we're touching this'. Nana looks at me confused and I explain that I pulled out a coin in a paper sleeve that is from the 30s.

When y mom comes back (she had to run to a Dr's office) we look through it all and found 3 '57 silver certificates, some 1947 Benjamin Franklin half dollars some foreign currency from the 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, and over all enough weird old stuff to want to have it checked out.

so does anyone who know anything about collecting know a good reputable dealer in the phoenix area I can take my nana to, to get it checked out?

There's quite a few good metals and coin dealers in Phoenix. I've personally done a bit of trade with Scottsdale Bullion and Coin and the Arizona Gold Exchange. Both of them are more precious metals than numismatics, though.

Lemme make a call... Oki, call made.

Great uncle suggests Steve Rye at A-1 Coins in Scottsdale or C&C Coin and Stamp in Phoenix. Both highly rated, members of the American Numismatic Assoc, etc. C&C is an authorized PCGS and NGC dealer(the two big names in grading and certifying coins), not sure on which extra letters A-1 appends to their title.

Comment

Well you're the second to suggest c&c most likely we will go there

Comment

Working...
      X