This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June can F- off

This has not been a great month. First, I got to spend three days as an unplanned guest at an area hospital because my gall bladder imploded. Now my Bittle Kittle is sick. *sigh* Took her to the vet today, she's got some sort of swelling on one side of her jaw and blood work shows she has an infection going. Getting meds into her is going to be... interesting. Fully in the spirit of the old Chinese curse. She's in one of our bathrooms now, so I can monitor what (if) and how much she eats, drinks, pees and poops as well as not having to chase her from one end of the house to the other when I need to give her meds. She's set up with kibble, gushy food, high calorie nutrient paste, water, several soft warm places to curl up on and a litter box. Poor Little Bittle. Mister Kitteh is crouched outside the bathroom, trilling at her under the door and sometimes reaching under it with front paws.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

You have my sympathies re: June. I spent £900 replacing my clutch and getting my gearbox reconditioned, then on Monday I got side-swiped by a complete moron and my car is probably going to be written off, given that the repair estimate is £2,175 and my car is worth about £2,000. 2016 in general really needs to DIAF

I hope your cat gets better soon.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Well, she's feeling at least a little better already. She's eating the gushy food, and drinking. And she's breaking my heart crying to be let out of the bathroom. Arrrgh!
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        2016 in general really needs to DIAF

I hope your cat gets better soon.
        I agree with both statements. I'm sick of 2016's s#!t so much.

And glad to hear she's doing a bit better.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Aww, poor baby! May she be all better soon!

I would like to officially return June now, please. Had to buy a new mattress set which set me back over a week's pay. Can't even buy the actual bed yet. Had to pay a guy nearly TWO weeks' pay to trim a bunch of overgrown trees and shrubs, and he didn't bundle them up, just left them at the curb, so the trash guys probably won't take them tomorrow.

And I still need a new computer. And tomorrow is the 8th anniversary of my brother's passing and I'm totally freaked out about it again.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well, Bittle is feeling better, but not all the way well yet. She voluntarily switched back to eating kibble today (seriously, though, what cat prefers dry kibble to canned?!), and is peeing and pooping normally. I've let her out of isolation, she hates being alone. Mister Kitteh sniffed noses with her like "Hey, where ya been?" so I'm not going to have issues with re-integrating her. My suspicion is that she has an abscessed tooth, I'm going to ask the vet to follow up on that. She may well wind up needing surgery to remove the affected tooth if I'm right.

My own healing seems to be going along with no problems as well. I finished up my antibiotics yesterday and I have the final follow up with the surgeon next Thursday.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              seriously, though, what cat prefers dry kibble to canned?!
              Two of my three cats...
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                ... (seriously, though, what cat prefers dry kibble to canned?!)...
                Fat Freddie's Cat, after application of the appetite stimulator! (bag cat, blow bag full of bong vapors)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X