This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a giant coloring poster

My grandmother, before she died, had a giant poster on her wall. It was probably close to 5' tall and was the kind you can color in with markers or colored pencils. I really don't remember much about it except that it was taller than it was long and I'm about 90% sure it had giant mushrooms at the bottom, the kind with spots that you see in both fantasy-type posters and psychedelic stuff. It was really detailed and didn't look like the kind of thing that kids would have the patience for.

When I asked my mom about it, she told me that she had found them once at Hobby Lobby, and she had even had the exact same poster that she kept rolled up in a giant tube in a closet (I remembered the poster in the tube when she mentioned it but never knew it was the same one).

My best google-fu can't find this, and I really want to see about getting one to remember my grandmother by. Hopefully someone here knows the poster I'm talking about and can help me out a bit?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&pag...oring%20poster something like these? which seem to be about 2 foot by 3 foot on average except for this one of new york https://www.amazon.com/MoMA-Giant-NY...oloring+poster which is like 6ft by 4ft
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 08-04-2016, 04:09 AM.

Comment

giant mushrooms at the bottom, the kind with spots that you see in both fantasy-type posters
      Red mushrooms with white spots? Amanita mushrooms...which, IIRC, were the inspiration for the shrooms in Super Mario Bros. Would explain a whole lot o_O;>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
        this one of new york
        That's the right idea, and about the right amount of detail.

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Red mushrooms with white spots?
        Well, IIRC my grandmother had them colored in as a kind of burnt orange with white spots, but yeah.
        The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Really giant posters have some others including a fantasy one.

Comment

eBaying 'DoodleArt' brings up another selection-lots of flowery type ones,none with giant shrooms I can see though.
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
            X