No announcement yet.

What annoys you?--a place to put it and leave it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Madam, wrong sort of thruppenny bits....

And another thing that annoys me is when people deviate from the original topic of the thread onto their own pet fantasies...so we shall return you to your regularly scheduled programming
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
      I hate it when someone is trying to talk to me while I'm taking a shower.
      Quoth Food Lady View Post
      OK, I'm glad no one does that to me!
      I'm naked, I'm soapy, and I can't understand what you're trying to tell me thanks to the running water.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post

I'm naked, I'm soapy, and I can't understand what you're trying to tell me thanks to the running water.
        Well then I'll open the window a bit further shall I?
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

If you're yawning, do not attempt to finish your sentence while doing so. It obliterates whatever you're trying to say, and you inevitably have to repeat yourself. Finish the yawn first, then start over.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post

Well then I'll open the window a bit further shall I?
            When I was a teenager and first starting to learn guitar, I started writing a song that had lyrics that are something like this:

There's a naked man in the tree outside your window!
            It sure looks like he's trying to get inside!

--------------------

That's all I remember writing.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

When someone tries to talk to me from another room (at home) or across the lobby (at work). Walk up to me before you start talking to me!
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

My husband has a talent for talking to me while walking away from me, if one of us is getting something out of a bathroom (the fan automatically comes on when the light does), if I'm running water in the kitchen sink, if my head's in the fridge or freezer so the appliance is muffling sound, if the microwave is running between us.....
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I hate when people walk away from me while they're talking to me! First of all, it's rude and demeaning, like I'm not good enough for a face-to-face talk. Second, you're facing away from me and getting further away, so I can't clearly hear you, as the sound waves are going away from me.

I also can't understand when someone's talking to me while we're in a crowded, noisy place. Hold that thought until we get someplace quieter so I can hear you!
                  Last edited by XCashier; 01-10-2023, 06:02 PM.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                    .. if the microwave is running between us.....
                    then grab it before it can run any further!

I'll be here all week, I don't recommend the veal,it tastes rather funny,unlike me who just IS funny.... thankyou thankyou//

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      ...I'll be here all weak, ...
                      Fixed That FY
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My belongings aren't respected in this house, in general. Extends to packages. I ordered a replacement for a Christmas gift that didn't work. The recipient knew it was coming and probably assumed the package this morning was it. I get that, but it should've been addressed to me; I ordered it. I looked at the label and it doesn't look like there's a name for some reason, but still I should've been asked. I don't know which of them opened it, but if it's not addressed to you, leave it alone. I never open theirs. I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt; maybe they opened by mistake. I've opened mail by mistake. Still annoyed.

Edit: I asked and yes, Amazon didn't bother to put my name on it. I think they're trying too hard to be fast.
                        Last edited by Food Lady; 01-03-2023, 05:26 PM.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

When I'm talking to someone on the phone, and someone in the room also tries to talk to me. I can't listen to more than one person at the same time!
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Yup. Family have come in my room because the door was open and interrupted me while I was on the phone with a client.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              My belongings aren't respected in this house, in general. Extends to packages.
                              Same thing here, but applying only to mail and packages. I live in a backyard apartment on family property, and there's only one mailbox for all of us. When I used to sub to a magazine, fewer than half of them ever got to me because bro/SIL would somehow inexplicably assume they were junk/catalogs and toss them without asking me...even after I asked them to just give me everything and not "filter" my mail (they had the best intentions, but I can do that myself). Every so often, they'll open a package I received; this is more understandable, as they have 3 kids, so they're receiving packages for someone in the house online literally every day. We have the same last name, so it's kinda an automatic brain bypass issue. I'm 95% sure this crap is why this year was the first time I actually received all of the XMAS cards y'all wonderful crazy people send me during our annual event.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My upstairs neighbor has an obnoxious alarm clock that sounds for an hour. My alarm is set for one and a half hours after his. I'm tempted to advise him to get a lamp alarm clock.
                                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                                X