No announcement yet.

Holiday Card Exchange 2023!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okies! I'm afraid there may be a dearth of glitter on my end this year; it seems that the glitter farms on Andromeda III did not do well this year. I am relying on the rest of you to step up and clog vacuum cleaners this year!

Also, STAMPS! I still have a bunch of Peanuts, Bugs Bunny, and State & Country Fairs stamps left to use for these. If you'd like a specific category, please reply with that; If you want a specific character (peanuts)/pose (bugs), I will do my best, but no guarantees. International folks: Not 100% sure if I can use 3 domestic stamps instead of 1 international; if I can, I'll use one requested stamp and 2 different randoms from my other stamp sheets ^_^ So, request away!

PS If we have a really big Peanuts fan here, I can send one of the center pic of Shulz; I'll put it in the card. First come, first serve for all of these!

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Unless Eric can/wants to do that I think people should just reply here from now on.
    Merged!...I think. Got an error, but the board seems to have done it anyway. Could be my browser settings ^_^

PS you can @ users in-thread. I'll get a notification -- for this or any other concerns any of y'all may have
    Click image for larger version  Name:	stamps bugs bunny.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.0 KB ID:	2080715 Click image for larger version  Name:	stamps - peanuts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	2080716
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Just sent mine out. Let's see how many actually arrive this year.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Mailing list has been received.

Special greeting cards have been ordered.

Exercising hands to avoid writer's cramp.

Taking out loan to afford postage.

Puzzling, isn't it?

"I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't have the list of people and addresses.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            ---
            I'll take any of the Bugs Bunny ones!

Email received, I'll send them out once I get some stamps.
            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Got my list, will start working on them later this week/weekend.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I want Piano Man Bugs!
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                  I don't have the list of people and addresses.
                  You were definitely in there. I sent you a PM.

Comment

EricKei The Wife says Bugs. Your call on which one.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I suppose Lucy's going to be the closest to a cute little blonde that I'll get for Christmas so can I request her?

I shall have a look and see what we have at the post office tomorrow-I may be able to get some of the Harry Potter and Discworld stamps
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        I shall have a look and see what we have at the post office tomorrow-I may be able to get some of the Harry Potter and Discworld stamps
                        If we get a choice, I would like the Discworld stamps.

Comment

So there are 14 of us which means 13 cards to send. I had a bunch of cards leftover last year so I just pulled them out to count how many I have...

I have 12.

Comment

*has been sneakily GoogleEarthing everyone...* sheesh Pixilated did you specify on your house 'must be as close to the US as you get without actually being on American territory'-a quick dive out of the bedroom window,a few thousand yards vigorous breaststroke and you could pop up in the States
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                              *has been sneakily GoogleEarthing everyone...*
                              What? It's taken you this long to that? I did it years ago.

Tsk, tsk. I just GoogleEarthed myself. It still shows my old car, and not the new one I got recently.

Comment

I did it years ago too. People keep moving

Comment

Working...
                                X