Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some cards today! Very exciting - but I'm glad I've started buying. The cards I saw were not cheap...it'll be less painful if I can accumulate over time (and then I'll stock up during after-Christmas sales).
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Anyone know how many we're looking at this year?
      Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
        Dunno. Last year JAM posted a running list of everyone who had signed up so far. I still haven't decided if I'm going to make cards or not. I think I'll go to the craft store tomorrow when I go out for milk and stuff and check out prices on card stock. I saw some at Staples that I like but it might wind up being a bit more than I want to spend on blank cards (assuming in the ballpark of 50 again). Plus they always have coupons for the craft store.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Since Juniormintz is the one compiling the list, she is probably the only one who has any idea of what type of response it is getting.

She did do a running total last year at one point, but she does this in her spare time, and she's probably got a lot going on, so we may just have to be patient and wait for after the 24th, which is the actual deadline.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

No problem. Just curious so I know how many I should order

How many were last year?

Comment

I feel bad, because I still haven't made my mind up one way or the other this year.

It's great fun, and I enjoy both the cards I get AND the ones I send out, but...

I'm not sure if I'll have the time and/or money this year.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No problem. Just curious so I know how many I should order

How many were last year?
                Last year there was a total of 51.

I haven't bought anything but when I go to the store today I'm keeping that number in mind when I look at prices. I think I'll wait until the list comes out before I spend any money, though.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-12-2008, 06:12 PM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow. That is a lot.

I just picked up 60 myself. found them on a good deal. I also found spares from last years - so now I have at least 70-80.

SHOULD be plenty.

Comment

I would recommend buying up to 40 now. It's not likely to be fewer numbers, and if it is you'll probably be able to find friends to give them to. Then you only need to top up with 10-20 when the numbers come out (hopefully not much more than that!). At least it splits the cost somewhat rather than finding out on the 24th you've got to buy 60 and get them in the international post within a week.

Comment

Here are some International Mailing Deadlines

US Postal Service

Canada Post

New Zealand Post

Australia Post
                      (Can't find anything specifically listing holiday mailing deadlines. Anyone local want to help us out?)

UK
                      or (.pdf format)

Since I don't know yet which from which countries members will be participating, I have listed the more common ones, based on previous years.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I think I need to buy more.

Not including CS.com, I have almost SIXTY people on my christmas list.

I definitely need more. I may have to use that 'order 200 cards' for next year as I dont think it will get here in time.

Comment

Since drawing/coloring keeps me sane and helps my stats at work, I'm drawing my cards this year. And the great thing of it? All I need is a master sheet and I can xerox the rest. ^.^ What I'm *REALLY* going to have fun with in the craft department will be the envelopes.

I have a kick out of decorating the envelopes. When my friend went to the Navy and we started writing letters to each other, she said she always looked forward to my letters because the envelopes were decorated. Her favorites were the ones I made for her that first Christmas. She's Christian so I drew footsteps all along one evelope and quoted that psalm (?) about how you're never Alone because God's with you (the second envelope had camel prints to the Manger. xD )
                          "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

What the heck, I'll sign up! I've never sent seasonal cards before; it should be fun!
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Becks, sign up again. We can go shoping for cards together.
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I bought about sixty cards last year after Christmas in preparation for participating this year. I'm also hoping to have some art drawn that I'll include with the cards, but we'll see (costs of printing in color could be prohibitive).

At any rate, I'll be buying stamps in bulk, too.
                                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                                X