Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 to 14 inches Tuesday and Wednesday, with the highest amounts along the lake. I.E. where I am.

You know, this will probably be the first time Christmas Eve has been snowy that I can remember, though it probably puts the kibosh on our tree-hopping Christmas Day. The anticipated snowfall probably is also why it was so batshit nuts today, because it may be too dangerous to go out shopping Tuesday and Wednesday.

The drifts are about 3 to 4 feet high in some places and we'll add another foot or so. Pretty soon it'll be like that episode of South Park where the snow melts and they find a child who'd been missing all winter.

In summation: Winter is a day or two old and I'm sick of it already.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I checked the weather this morning before bed, and it only showed snow for tonight into tomorrow, then a little on Christmas Eve......now guess what?

Snow tonight, tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Well, one of those days it's going to get into the 30s (omigosh! Someone open up the pool!!!!!) and it's going to rain, THEN snow later..........

I think I've mentioned this before, but I still don't understand how this works.

I remember vividly last winter, they'd forecast snow on, let's say Thursday, but within a day, the storm picked up speed and it'd be pushed up to Wednesday, sometimes Tuesday night. In the spring and summer....they will forecast rain or storms for Thursday....but all of a sudden, oh no oh no....it's going to hold off until Friday and Saturday. What gives? Is winter weather faster moving?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"I'mmmm dreeeaaammmmming of a wwwhhhiiiiiiiiiitttteee Christ....masssss....."

Of course, dreaming of such is the only way us tropical folks will get anywhere near that white stuff y'all are bitching about.

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
        Shall I see if I can launch an iceball at Jester? It was fracking twenty-five on Tuesday, with ICE falling from the sky. Not snow, ICE.
        Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        yeah going down to Key West and throwing snowballs at Jester would be nice
        Take your best shots, kids, but remember, any snowballs or iceballs you launch at me will pretty much be nothing but a splash of cold, refreshing water by the time it gets to me. And there are some days down here that that would be most welcome, actually.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          this I GOTTA know why.

but then again is it because you bring snow and cold and ice or just because you moved back here?
          Both...I think.

Eh, let her daughter's bf come out here to see HIS family, then it'll be his fault. Or something.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I came home Saturday, and now it's freezing rain/sleet with highs in the 20's since I got here. My family keeps telling me I brought winter home with me.....but it is supposed to be in the 60's later this week.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

When I woke up this morning, it was -50 Celsius with the windchill. I went right back to bed. It is now -45 Celsius, and that is still way too dang cold for me.

Comment

I just looked out the window (I really have to stop doing that... ) and see what at any other time of year would be a fine mist.

Damn snow.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

BUMP!

Gotta bring it up again. I'm fucking furious. I know there's nothing that can be done about this....but ughhh......why why why....make it stop!

January....record setting below average temps and record setting windchills...

February, a little bit of everything......and a huge late February snow storm.

Right before that huge dump, temps had gotten mild and snow was melting, roads were clearing......then that huge dump....

Then we got a little break from the snow, the temps slowly rose, everything started melting Tuesday through today.....then tomorrow temps are going to stay above freezing during the day but cooler......turning to all rain by mid-late day Saturday, continuing into Sunday morning as a wintry mix.....then temps will drop to below freezing during the day Sunday, giving us 2-4 inches (but as we know, by tonight or tomorrow the weather folk will raise that to 3-6 or even 6-8 like they always do) and Monday, even cooler temps, and on Tuesday they are forecasting a carbon copy REPEAT of last Thursday, with 6+ inches of snow. The rest of next week looks clear, except temps are only going to get to the 20s during the day. So all the snow and ice that accumulates this weekend and Tuesday is going to stay and just get pounded down on sideroads and residential streets that don't get plowed. It's bad enough that after last Thursday, all the above roads were glare ice and frozen snow until everything started melting, because plows only take care of the main roads and only plow side roads once.

GREAT. Just great. When is it going to stay above freezing and STOP FUCKING SNOWING?
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No snow here in Pittsburgh. Hell, it was 60 F yesterday. Warm enough that I could cruise in the MG with the windows down. Oh, and starting it wasn't as much of a bitch as usual
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X