Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid the carpet in my bedroom was blue, so of course that makes it water! And I CAN'T SWIM!!!!

Clicky.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      To me there are really only five things that make being an adult cool. The rest I could pitch in a heartbeat. In no particular order, they are:
      I have only 1 of those things, and that's mitigated down to almost nothing by the lack of 1.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

As soon as winter ends (IF it ever ends) I am going to climb one of the trees in front of my apartment. Just to prove I'm still a kid and still can. I just better not be wearing heels.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I remember as a kid, climbing this massive tree, it was really high and i got the furthest up that i could, which was around 5 stories, the only thing that spoiled it was when my friend threw a rock, it hit me in the head and i lost my balance and fell down the tree, itting every dmned branch on the way.
          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

*hugs RetailWorkhorse*

*offers cookies and hot chocolate with the little marshmallows in*

I have, in the not very distant past been heard to blubber out incoherently that "I want my Mom!". I'm 35 years old. And every time I talk to my mother I end up giving HER advice. But sometimes I just want my Mommy anyway.

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
              *hugs RetailWorkhorse*

*offers cookies and hot chocolate with the little marshmallows in*
              Yeah, but....I can't remember when this whole thing even started.

Not that I have much of a memory (Memory Rant can be found here if you're interested).
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Looking backwards is overrated. What matters is figuring out what you want and need in the present, and what resources you have or need to find for that to happen; what is meaningful for you as an individual?

I'm finding existentialism weirdly comforting these days. That actually is not as off topic as it sounds - I was a very odd child by all accounts. (I don't really remember a lot of my childhood; nothing traumatic or anything, it's very common for people with ADD to have patchy memories )

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  Yeah, but....I can't remember when this whole thing even started.

Not that I have much of a memory (Memory Rant can be found here if you're interested).
                  I'm much the same, except, it's more random and affects even my short term memory. Like some times I can't remember what i did hours before, yet am stil able to remember fragments of my childhood.
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

So you can't remember whether or not you ate lunch too?

Boy, I'm glad it's not just me!
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                      So you can't remember whether or not you ate lunch too?

Boy, I'm glad it's not just me!
                      Dude I can't remember what I ate just 10 minutes ago. Which is why I don't post stories that often. I can't always remember what happened!

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post

Oh my, I had forgotten all about that game! Where did the time go?

The best part of the lava game, imho, is when you accidentally touch the lava, you then die most dramatically, with sound effects loud and shrill, and death throes worthy of an Oscar!

Oooh, I used to play that game with my brothers! ^^ Another "die with special effects" game was Wink Murder. I loved that game.

I'm joining too; I want to ride ponies and play with toy cars and water pistols! I want to climb trees and play conkers! I want to play hopscotch and skipping, singing skipping rhymes!

Heh, I once climbed a tree as a child in primary school, caught my summer dress on a branch and fell out. I tore my dress all the way up to the waist, got told off at school and also at home, cuz my mum was livid due to the fact she had to fork out for a new summer dress. XD I learned my lesson from it tho... next time I climbed a tree at school, I tucked my dress into my knickers!
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                        X