This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    You sure she wasn't just messing with you?

That's the only explanation I can come up with . That, and maybe it was a desperate last ditch effort to get someone to notice, become offended by, and comment on her shirt.
    Frankly, I have often thought things like "What the hell were they thinking when they put that on?" and "Does s/he own a mirror?" but I can't muster the mental energy to actually be offended by someone's clothing.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post
      The name on the shirt is "Tampa Tantrums", above a picture of tiny roller skates.
      Wait, not "The Vicious Marauders" with a slogan of "We Beat the Hell out of the Competition" and a picture of a roller skate impaling a human skull?

Obviously this woman (a) knew what your shirt was about, (b) had a personal vendetta against roller derby, and (c) thinks that roller derby is far worse a sin than explaining to a child coming out of the library from his reading lessons what "underfucked" means.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Maybe she thought it said Tampon tantrums?
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

I thought she was trying to be funny initially too. I laughed. She looked indignant. OH WHAT'S THAT SMELL IS IT IGNORANCE AGAIN.

Funny you mention tampons. That is actually an alternative shirt design. (Box of Tampax, where the name has been changed and the prescription is DERBY!)

I don't think there are any really offensive derby names -- where team or player. Most of them seem to try to be clever instead. (Anita Bopabitch, Anne Tagonise) And it's actually nowhere near as violent as people think . . . at least, not the registered professional leagues.

Man, now I feel lame. I think the most offensive article of clothing I own is a shirt with a little cartoon man pointing at a lip mark on his butt. I must get some clothes with swears so I am prepared for this in the future! Maaaaaan.
          Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Working...
          X