Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaking School Housing (mild expletive useage)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking School Housing (mild expletive useage)

You guys SUCK!!!!!! Two years in the dorms. Two years in the dorms by choice. Then I applied for the apartments on our South Campus. I got denied. You claimed you had more people apply for them than any other year. You claimed you had more people retain than any other year. Fine. I'll buy that. I'm pissed as hell about it, because that means ANOTHER freaking year in the dorms. but at least it's a plausible excuse.

And now, going into my senior year, where I have top priority as a senior, I finally get into the apartments, but you give me a freaking double? A double? Are you shitting me? I ONLY applied a single bedroom. Not a double. I'm done with that crap of sharing my small ass box of a room with someone else. It was nice freshman year because my roommate was never there. It was nice last year because my roommate was my best friend and we had fun. It sucked this year because I REALLY wanted privacy and crap and my roommate and I are nothing alike so we don't hang out or anything. But you have to be shitting me. I'm not rooming with someone else next year. I'm not. You guys fucked me over. And I know when I come tomorrow to raise hell, the response will be that there are no openings so I can't switch into a single bedroom. But I don't give a crap. I'm NOT living in a bedroom with someone else. I'm sick of that crap. I want to sleep on my own schedule, not someone else's. I want to wake up and be able to play music or my TV without having to worry about waking someone else up. I want to be able to open the shades to my room so I can use the sunlight instead of artificial light "because people might look in our room" or because it's "early" at noon.

So school Housing, FUCK YOU!!!

Sincerely,

Greenday
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

It sounds like there are the same problems at every school in PA.

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

I absolutely refuse to have a livingspace as small as my bedroom. And have to share that with someone? Oh hell no.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Greenday, sounds like they borrowed people from USU... twice I got bad roommates (the second time I ended up dropping out because of it... well, it was the last straw, not entirely because of this). The first year I had to do a room transfer because they stuck me with a pervert who got off by having sex with his girlfriend with me in the room... he'd never ask me to leave or if I wanted to leave... he'd just walk in with her, they'd strip off and go at it with me in the room (and she sounded terrible, I mean like even if I were straight it would have turned me off bad). They moved me into a room with no heating, but oh well, it was away from the pervo.
        Next year (and the first year too) I made a big deal that I am allergic to tobacco, I do not want to room with someone who smokes and smells of ciggeretes... so what did they do... they assigned me with someone I knew was a chain smoker. I asked if I could be transfered, they said no other rooms were open, I asked what it would take to get out of my contract then, and they said the only way I could do that was to drop out... and I said, fine, I was thinking of looking into a new major which will be cheaper to do at the community college anyway... see ya.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Senior year? Wow, our Greenday is growing up fast!

But seriously, I'm sorry, dude! Is off-campus housing hard to come by there? I was lucky in that I got to get an apartment with two girls who turned out to be really cool, and we all got to have our own bedrooms and do our own thing. We also hung out every once in a while. I'd try to find an apartment with a friend if I were you, but sometimes with financial aid and stuff that isn't really possible. Just be glad you only have one more year of red tape and bulls***!
          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I was talking to one of the other guys in my apartment. Well, I have at least one thing going for me. He said my roommate is a clean person. And it'll be the most diverse group of people possible. African, European, Latino, just not Asians.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
            X