Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May I whine? (girly body image issues inside!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    I'm just....*sigh* dumpy and overweight. Nice rack, fairly nice rear, but I carry a lot of weight in my belly and its. just. so. hard. Hard to find clothing, hard to find sexy underthings, hard to look in the mirror sans clothing, and hard to be comfortable nude
    I'm with you on every point.

A lot of times it helps that I have a male harem.

Other times, even they can't help me.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
      And all I can see is that I'm short, pale, with big arse and a little waist and-yes, the rack to match-
      You were built for the Victorian Era, if that helps any (I don't think it does, because my help is never worth the paper it's written on, but at least I can say SOMETHING on the subject).
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I have a pretty face, amazing hair, and a body that screams sex and fertility- and myshape is unfashionable, my face is old-fashioned, my hair is 'untameable' All words used to describe me in the past.

And all I can see is that I'm short, pale, with big arse and a little waist and-yes, the rack to match- but I'm not all tall and lean and long limbed and tanned and oval faced.
        I fail to see where the problem lies.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I fail to see where the problem lies.
          Ditto.

I wish I had these problems.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Seshat
            I don;t wear netrals, at all, I'm too much of a goth for neutrals other than black, but I have a real problem with fit. I am teaching myself to sew, because of it. A picture of my body- no head- is on 'shape of the nation' on the channel four website, if it's still up.

No modern clothes are designed to fit me, and I can't afford custom. Goddamn it, if I ever win the lottery that's the first expenditure.
            Try adding charcoal grey to the black.

I sew, for much the same reason. Hourglass figure, G cup, apparently a 'great ass'. Good child-bearing hips, and PCOS-created belly.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

After a while of hating how I looked I finally came up with a game plan. While I might not always feel pretty, I could at least usually grudgingly admit to adorable. So whenever I felt ugly, I'd text my best friend and tell him I was adorable. After a while, I started doing it when I was in a really good mood too. I built from there. I'm currently to a point where I can usually almost at least consider myself pretty and if I ever feel more than that, I say so. But the main point is, I keep telling myself good things about me, and eventually, I believe them Start with the good things that you can always see and then work up to the things that you might not always like at first till you can see them for their good parts Since I started doing this, I have found myself amazingly more cute or adorable or even pretty then I ever used to and my self image, despite there being a lot of things I'd like to change, has soared.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
              X