• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like colour my world from chicago
    The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

As I walk down the aisle, I want "Guienivere's (sp?) Tears" by David Arkenstone. It sounds Celtic and perfect for an outdoor wedding. Just an idea,ediblehat. =)

I have a few ideas for the first dance. "Someday My Prince Will Come", "Once Upon a Dream", "Beauty and the Beast"...yes, I'm a Disney girl :hide:

For my dance with my daddy, I want to do "I Loved Her First" by Heartland.
      Last edited by McGoddess09; 03-06-2009, 02:37 AM.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post

For my dance with my daddy, I want to do "I Loved Her First" by Sugarland(I think that's who sings it)
        Heartland. Amazing song, makes me cry every danged time.

I think I might use "In my Daughter's Eyes" by Martina. It's a great parent/child song and was on the CD my dad gave me for Christmas three days before he unexpectedly died. I do want to use some Moody Blues somewhere because they were his favorite.

My friend walked down the aisle to Copeland's "Simple Gifts" and it was beautiful. Suite #1 for Cello in G (prelude) by Bach is a gorgeous simple piece also. Friend used "At Last" for their first dance - which I love.

Comment

Heartland! That's right! Where I got Sugarland is beyond me.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I want to work in Nothing Else Matters, and my first dance song *will* be Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

But since I don't see myself getting married anytime soon...

:sigh:

Becks has mantained for years that her recessional music will be How Bizzare.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
              Becks has mantained for years that her recessional music will be How Bizzare.

Damn skippy.

However, I am merely engaged for life.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It turns out my dad has a CD titled "Pachelbel's Greatest Hit" which is a compilation of different versions of Canon in D. My fiance's listening to it now to work out if she likes any of them (yes I have in the past said she's deaf, she is actually profoundly deaf. With her hearing aids on maximum and a pair of headphones over the top she can hear the music well enough)

Comment

"Take your daughter to the slaughter"?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    It turns out my dad has a CD titled "Pachelbel's Greatest Hit" which is a compilation of different versions of Canon in D. My fiance's listening to it now to work out if she likes any of them (yes I have in the past said she's deaf, she is actually profoundly deaf. With her hearing aids on maximum and a pair of headphones over the top she can hear the music well enough)
                    If you'd like, I can send you a file of the Bond version of Canon In D. I think it's just called "Canon" but one wiki-fu search later....it's called "Lullaby" and it's on the album Classified. Don't ask me WHY it's called "Lullaby" but if it's not already on the program, if you're putting the music ON the program, don't call it lullaby otherwise you'll be sending people to sleep before the vows!

for the uninitiated, bond is an Australian/British string quartet that writes their own music as well as remixes the classical songs. They do a really good version of "Hungarian Dance No. 5" as well, as well as a brilliant tango piece.

Anyway, good luck with that edible! I WANT PICS!
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                      I want to work in Nothing Else Matters, and my first dance song *will* be Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.
                      Nothing else matters was my wedding song. And back then had I known about apocaliptica we would have had it played at the church.
                      "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Quoth Mr Slugger View Post
                        Nothing else matters was my wedding song. And back then had I known about apocaliptica we would have had it played at the church.
                        Mine's going to be the original. By MetallicA.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Last night at a bar I heard a song that I am going to suggest to my sister to use for the recessional - "I'm walking on Sunshine." I think it would be so fun and appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                          X