Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a former resident of Northern Ohio, here's another vote for Cedar Point. I'm not much of a Coaster fanatic, but my hubby loves them.

And to echo another poster, Geauga Lake was another good one, but they closed down all the roller coasters a year ago, and is now only water park rides. A little bit of my childhood gone forever...

Haven't been to the 6 Flags in Gurnee yet, but it's right down the street from my nearest mall. Was going to visit this summer if my little brother comes to visit.

Comment

I'm not big on roller coasters, but hubby's family does a Cedar Point day once a year.

They take me along to hold pruses/cameras/jackets/keys.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on this folks. We're looking at cedar point in Ohio at the moment, but the flights are far too steep in price, or at least compared to chum's preferences (and mine). May be next year, may be later this year (when the place is closed... ).

Keeping looking.

Rapscallion

Comment

I live in Indiana......The only place to go is Holiday World....Not worth coming from Europe to Indiana for Holiday World......You have to visit Ohio, one state over, and go to Kings Island. It's the best.

Comment

Another for Kings Island. Look into flights into Cincinnati or Dayton. You could always make a day trip up to Ceder Point from down here too. Start early and drive home late. It's not too bad, actually.

If you do come down here, give me a holler. We can set up a get together and I'll provide the grillings (Bratwurst, Metwurst and good, thick burgers over charcoal). Any CSer's would be welcome, of course. I may be able to put you two up as well, if you're willing to sack out on the couch or back bedroom library floor. It'd save you some hotel cost.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I actually got back the other week - after looking at flight prices, we decided on Italy instead. Thanks for the thoughts, though.

Maybe next year.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                I actually got back the other week - after looking at flight prices, we decided on Italy instead. Thanks for the thoughts, though.

Maybe next year.

Rapscallion
                No worries. I forgot to mention, besides Kings Island, there is also a decent water park down here called The Beach (original, huh?). I think there might also be a decent water park up by Ceder Point too.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  No worries. I forgot to mention, besides Kings Island, there is also a decent water park down here called The Beach (original, huh?). I think there might also be a decent water park up by Ceder Point too.
                  Don't forget that Kings Island also has a water park now and the I believe the The Beast is world's oldest/largest (not sure which) wooden roller coaster. No I haven't been going there since I was a kid Even before Paramount bought it out!
                  I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Working...
                  X