This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those who survived the 90's

ok, so i had a 14 year old kid try to argue that nirvana was the end all, beat all for music durring the 90's, im trying to set him strait and open his mind a little, so i need some help. aside from pantera and megadeth i couldnt remember many bands that really rocked hard,(i blame it on the chemicals i partook of durring the 90's) so the question is who did you rock out with your c*ck out to?
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Spice Girls. OH THE SHAME. THE SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But I is not a boy so.....
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Offspring and Smashing Pumpkins. Papa Roach was good
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I was all about the boy bands,girl power, and teeny bopper singers.

I was young and naive, I tell you!!
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
          pantera
          Quoth Nurian View Post
          Offspring
          /thread. Seriously.
          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

The greatest album of the 1990's from the greatest band of the 1990's.
            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

How does it make you feel to know that you can get a lot of those bands as lullaby music?

Metallica
              Nirvana
              Smashing Pumpkins
              AC/DC
              Nine Inch Nails
              Radiohead
              Tool
              Green Day
              among others

Got U2 for my friend's baby shower.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Green Day
                Blink 182 lol
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  How does it make you feel to know that you can get a lot of those bands as lullaby music?
                  (snip)
                  Green Day
                  among others

Got U2 for my friend's baby shower.

AHAHAHAHA!! OK, I know what I need to order for my sister's podling... (She picked a Green Day song for her wedding recessional, hee hee).

Oh God, we're old.

In the 90s I was more into bluesy or folk-influenced stuff than grunge or hard rock. But I really liked Third Eye Blind, Sugar Ray, Matchbox Twenty, Cowboy Junkies, that sort of thing. (Then I got sort of addicted to immature skater-punk just-plain-silly stuff like Blink 182, heh).

The Boy says Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, and Ministry are the best in his opinion.

(Surorisingly, there's actually a lot of overlap in our music collections. It's just that the outer fringes are pretty far apart).

Comment

Ok, I was a kid for most of the 90's...but Guns'n'Roses was still rockin' hard into the 90's. The first band I ever got into as a teen was matchbox twenty. But I didn't really get into music until after the millenial switch.

Nirvana was great - yes. But there were other rock bands in the 90's....Smashing Pumpkins and Metallica jump to the front of my memory. I think Kid Rock started in the 90's...used to listen to him a LOT.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Ooooh...Cowboy Junkies! You instantly win cool points.

Probably Cinderella, but they were pretty much done by the middle of the decade. Same for Living Color and Guns n Roses.

I pretty much call the 90's a wasteland.

Comment

Marilyn Manson
                        NIN
                        Green Day
                        Pantera
                        Metallica
                        Guns N Roses
                        Smashing Pumpkins
                        Smash Mouth
                        No Doubt
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I was teenager in the '90s, and that's when I got into electronica/industrial stuff. Here are the bands I can remember that were popular.

Weezer
                          System Of A Down
                          NIN
                          Tool
                          Green Day
                          Smashing Pumpkins
                          Lit
                          White Zombie
                          Stone Temple Pilots
                          Pearl Jam

That's all I can think of at the moment

Comment

I remember when Nirvana 1st hit the scene & became huge. Curt Cobain was considered that generation's John Lennon. I had to laugh my ass off when I heard that comment. For one thing, Curt Cobain is nowhere near as good as John Lennon was. & for another thing, for all intent & purposes, that which was considered "alternative' in the 90's, was just Heavy Metal or Hard Rock under a new name.
                            Kids these days wouldn't know good music if it hit them in their face.

Comment

*cracks knuckles*

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Offspring, Goo Goo Dolls, Foo Fighters, NOFX, Bad Religion, Rancid, Guttermouth, Marilyn Manson, Pantera, Green Day, Blink 182, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, NIN...

and that is just music made in the 90s. Around that time I also got into Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Husker Du, Dinosaur Jr. the Replacements, the Misfits, and others. I had quite an extensive CD collection.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X