Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cure, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus (while not technically a 90's band was hugely popular in my area in the 90's), Love and Rockets, GnR, Metallica, Slayer, Weird Al, Beastie Boys, NWA, Echo and the Bunnymen, Primus, Sublime.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Slayergrrl View Post
      metallica. Nothing past And justice for all though.
      I can listen to the Black Album if I avoid Enter Sandman. I must be one of the few that does not hate Load and ReLoad.

Death Magnetic is damn good, too.

St. Anger, however, sucks ass. I STILL haven't listened to it all the way through, and I bought it the day it was released.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Couple things.

First, KMFDM - why has no one mentioned them?

Second, regarding Nirvana... I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here. Feel free to skip it and just understand that Cobain and Nirvana are underestimated musically.

Not only was Nirvana an utterly amazing band, but they managed to create a sound that no one had thought of before. And they did it in response to what they saw when they looked at their generation. Kurt Cobain created music he wanted to hear, not music he thought would be popular. Most of his best work was done before Nirvana hit the big time, and the music he was working on for their next album was as far ahead of Nevermind as that album was from his first band, Fecal Matter. A great example of the variety of his style is the Nirvana cover of 'Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam.'

Cobain wasn't a grunge rocker. He was someone who experimented with different sounds and happened to find one that he liked for a few years. Chances are, if Nirvana had never made it, he'd still be alive. By all accounts, he hated the success.

/rant

Comment

I never really listened to Nirvana when I was a teen; I listen to them much more now. It's just that where I was, you were either a Manics fan OR a Nirvana fan; there was a bit of rivalry between the two groups. I was a Manics fan and Richey was my crush. I was heartbroken when he disappeared.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
            Don't forget Green Jello, changed to Green Jelly when jello sued.
            Three Little Pigs FTW.
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              I can listen to the Black Album if I avoid Enter Sandman. I must be one of the few that does not hate Load and ReLoad.

Death Magnetic is damn good, too.

St. Anger, however, sucks ass. I STILL haven't listened to it all the way through, and I bought it the day it was released.

I like Load and Reload myself, though I get St. Anger when I am not in a good mood.. When you are really fucking pissed it sounds a lot better. Its the drum sound that is the offensive part of that record to me, sounds like my drummer in my band when I was 16, he didn't last long as our drummer.

BuckCherry?
              Creed
              Liz Phair

Comment

Working...
              X