This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as seen on TV

OK...we've gone through the commercials that annoy, so I thought I'd try a what did you buy off of TV that you love?

My mom bought me some wonder hangers.

I have closet space again!!!!!!!!!!

Come on. Join in on the fun.

You know you want to...
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I purchased a Ped-Egg from the Mart of Wal. Yes, it's a cheese grater for your feet. It gets rid of the calluses on my big toes.

I'm sure you all wanted and needed to know that.

Comment

I got a pedi-paw off an as seen on tv... as well as the wrap around sun glasses. Both of which are the best inventions ever when it comes to pet care and sunglasses
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I mentioned this in the other thread:

1. Snuggie
        2. Vidiala Chop Wizard
        3. Magic Bullet
        4. Pedi-Egg
        5. The "Total Gym" - My mother bought this one and gave it to us when she hurt herself

I'm sure I'll think of more as I'm walking around the house today.

Comment

I have the Perfect Pushup things (Got 'em at Bed Bath & Beyond...I guess they're in the Beyond section...).
          I don't know if I love them yet...I'm still too weak to do pushups....
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hands down the best "As Seen On TV" item I've ever purchased was the 'ColdHeat' soldering iron. It really works just as advertised. Fast, easy to use, etc. I realize I'm blathering just like one of the ads, but it is a pretty cool gizmo.

Comment

The best store in the world is the "As Seen On TV" store in the West Edmonton mall. It has the best things EVER.

Having said that, I don't actually buy anything myself, but my husband's grandfather constantly buys me whatever sort of cooking device he sees because he knows I like to cook. This includes, but is not limited to:

- Those little textured gloves you wear that can supposedly peel potatoes just by rubbing them.

- Debbie Myer "Green Bags". (DO NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED, blaaaaaaagh.)

- The Magic Bullet Blender, which is actually sort of useful despite the fact that it's named after a sex toy and thus makes me feel slightly dirty.

- Several sets of knives that CAN CUT THROUGH ANYTHING, EVEN STEEL AND SHOES (hint: THEY CAN'T.)

- Three different vacuum sealing devices.

- Sham Wow (YOU KNOW THE GERMANS ALWAYS MAKE GOOD STUFF YOU GUYS BUY SOME I AM TOTALLY JONESING RIGHT NOW CAMERA GUY)

- Mighty Putty (I HATE Billy Mays)

- Billy Mays Slider Station (GODDAMN IT.)

He has spent literally HUNDREDS of dollars on this stuff for me. ALL I WANT IS A NICE SET OF ALTON BROWN RECOMMENDED KNIVES.

On the plus side, when my sister came to visit me last year, she was enraptured by my kitchen for HOURS.

"What does this do?"

"I'll tell you what it DOESN'T do. Whatever it says it does."
              Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

My bro has a Magic Bullet. (edit: the blender. Maybe the other one too, but I positively don't want to know about that.)

All I ever got 'as seen on TV' (so to speak) is Samuel L. Jackson's Bad Motherf*cker wallet. Which is the best wallet ever.
                Last edited by taurinejunkie; 03-08-2009, 02:41 PM.
                Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I've only bought a couple of as seen on TV things

Of course I think everyone forgets about oxyclean, it started on infomercials.

Other than that.

We own a magic bullet (not the sex toy one) Works ok for frappes and stuff.
                  And I bought that Pasta n more thing Total waste of money it takes like 17 minutes to nuke pasta. I can get a pot of boiling water in like 5 minutes.
                  "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

I have the magic bullet blender. My mother bought it and never used it until we started making our own baby food. We also still use it occasionally for smoothies but most of the time it just sits in the cabinet.

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post

"What does this do?"

"I'll tell you what it DOESN'T do. Whatever it says it does."
                      I don't know why, but I just had a rule 1 violation with that
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Speak of the devil. Front page of Yahoo. SHAM WOW IN MY HEAD, NOOO.

Warning: My cause brain death.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/10028...685&l=3774737Y
                        Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

OxyClean. <3

We had gotten the "ShamWOW" things something like a decade or so before these new infomercials started up. They work pretty well, but not like the commercials say they do.

Mom still has hers for drying the dishes.

I think it's actually lambs leather.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I got this mini-trampoline exercise thing with videos. Most fun exercising EVER!! But I don't get to use it much since my son thinks it's his toy. sigh.
                            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

We've got a selection of As Seen on TV merchandise at my store, including most of the things Cookiesaur named.

People really seem to go for the Shamwows. And the Snuggies. Those came in not too long ago and we're almost out of them already.

I have a set of Quik-Brite lights, which deliver what they promise, I guess.

I've noticed a product called Mighty Mendit, which is supposed to be able to bond certain interesting things together. I've been thinking of splurging for it but I don't know if it will work.

Also, my old college rommates got one of those belts that was supposed to help you lose weight or gain muscle by sending little electrical charges into your gut or some such BS. It burned his tummy and then got added to his accumulating pile o' crap in the living room. >.<
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X