X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he's gone

Just got a phone call.

My grandpa passed away about an hour and a half ago.

And I have to leave for work in an hour.

Good vibes and thoughts will be greatly appreciated, guys.

I"m sorry, Lupo, I know you must be very sad right now. I'm thinking of you.

Comment

For what it's worth, although you don't know me, I wish you the best. One foot in front of the other is all you can do. I'm sorry for your loss.
      Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

*many many hugs* You and your family are in my prayers.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Holding you and your family in the Light...

The cats also send purrs and snuggles (they somehow know when people are sad and they try to comfort us - Therapy Kitties).

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sending you and your family truck loads of good energy...
                *HUGS*
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I'm thinking about you, sweetie. I know you're going through a rough time right now -- so am I. If you need to talk to someone, I am always here. I know this is hard.

*HUGS*
                  I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

So, the funeral is on Thursday, viewing is on Wednesday.

My stepdad told me to find a flight and he'd pay for it, and to ask if they would be able to give a discount for a death in the family. I'm not sure how that would work and don't know where to begin, so help? I'm trying to get from Houston, TX to El Paso, TX, probably on Tuesday or Wednesday. How do you ask if someone will give a discount because my grandfather died? It seems so...crass...

Comment

I'm really not sure. If your step-father really wants you to, your best bet might be to ask to speak to a manager, and say, "I'm sorry, but is there any chance you offer a reduced fee if it's an emergency? A relative of mine passed away suddenly and I need to get home right away."

Unfortunately, I've never heard of anything like that before. In most cases, I'm fairly certain the airport itself isn't responsible for setting prices anyway. You may wind up just getting some sort of voucher, depending on who you talk to. You might try calling your airline of choice and asking for seat sales, which generally happens close to the flight date as they try to fill every possible seat they can.

Good luck.
                      Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Lupo - call me if you want...Im at work now and I can at least tell you the flights that are out there. The airlines dont really do emergency fares anymore, but I can check flts and see if there are any reasonable ones for you.

I'll PM you the number
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

PepperGirl, I tried replying to your second PM, buti t says you've met your quota of messages and have to clean out your message box...

Comment

Try it again. I just cleaned it out. Sorry
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Lupo. I'm not so good with fancy words, but I offer up some and thoughts.
                              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                              X