This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Would baby shampoo / conditioner work on your hair? I've known fine-haired adults who use it.
    Not anymore I can't. It takes about a month for my hair to get a high tolerance level and then it completely wigs out. It's about the same amount of time that I can tolerate high doses of painkillers (actually, come to think of it that might be linked somehow).
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

www.naturallycurly.com

You also want to avoid silicones as well, they are nasty and can't be washed out unless you use a sulfate shampoo.. Not fun if you have dry curly hair = never ending battle with frizz..

go and read, curly heads like myself have HUGE issues with shampoo's and all the sulfates in them. Since we don't brush our hair the oil that normally gets brushed or combed through doesn't get so our hair is drier so we can't use anything that is drying/stripping of that oil or varying degrees of drying/stripping depending on what hair type you have.

Really good info, and you can just bypass shampoo if you really want to.. Honestly I haven't used a shampoo in almost 10 years. If you get the right conditioner/conditioner combo one for a shampoo and one for a detangle/conditioner you will be fine..

Comment

Someone on a site talking about our own brand of cosmetics said she found that she got really good effects from our glycerine soaps. May be worth trying on your hair.

Not necessarily our brand, of course - any glycerine soap.

Rapscallion

Comment

I picked up some Aussie shampoo last night. My hair actually felt CLEAN when I washed it (I only wash my hair every other day, so it can get to be pretty oily). Ah well. Maybe I'll experiment some more when I can afford the more expensive "natural" stuff.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The only shampoo I can use this time of year is moisturizing. And it's got to be 2-in-1, shampoo and conditioner, because I'm a wash-and-go kinda guy.

My hair is all over the place. It's even more all over the place when it's dry, and after a day at work my hair is pretty much turned to straw.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              I picked up some Aussie shampoo last night. My hair actually felt CLEAN when I washed it (I only wash my hair every other day, so it can get to be pretty oily). Ah well. Maybe I'll experiment some more when I can afford the more expensive "natural" stuff.
              Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi Oi!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I forgot to add as well that the $8 SLS-free shampoo was a locally-made one and one of the varieties had henna in it. I contemplated doing it until I realised that I wouldn't look that good with red hair (I have dark blonde hair)
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Henna in shampoo?

Hmmm....I wonder how much of a fit my hair would throw..... Well, I guess it doesn't matter. My last dye-job is the last for this year unless I can find someone to do a rainbow for me.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

They sell Henna Shampoo at one of the local Whole Foods. I keep thinking I want to try it, but there has been research saying that Henna will ruin your hair after long term use. How long is long term? I dunno. Could be months. Could be years.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    They sell Henna Shampoo at one of the local Whole Foods. I keep thinking I want to try it, but there has been research saying that Henna will ruin your hair after long term use. How long is long term? I dunno. Could be months. Could be years.
                    EQ, I'm assuming it's years. My sister henna'd her hair for about a year before she put it into dreads, and never had a problem with it. It's a more natural red than anything I've seen before. I love the stuff.

Comment

I, too, would assume it's years. And more then one or two. Probably closer to five or ten even.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

It doesn't need to be expensive, its what is in it that matters.. Aussie makes some great stuff, w/o sulfates.

Comment

I just bought some Aussie Moist 2-in-1 shampoo last night. My hair thanks me.

Quoth fireheart17
                          I forgot to add as well that the $8 SLS-free shampoo was a locally-made one and one of the varieties had henna in it. I contemplated doing it until I realised that I wouldn't look that good with red hair (I have dark blonde hair)
                          It is very hard for a girl to look bad with red hair. Trust me on this.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I miss the red and burgundy shampoos Aussie had back in the day.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X