This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAH!!! Where the heck is it?!

I wear a baseball cap under my raincoat hood so that my glasses don't get wet and then I can't see cause of the drops. Well sometime ago my cap disappeared in the house. Since it was raining out and since I am finally moving soon...I was looking for my cap. Didn't find it but I did locate, 3 dozen work socks that the puppy had squirreled away over two years. 3 missing tennis balls that were collected by my tennis ball puppy. One very loved pooh bear that got washed and handed back to the sock stealing puppy. Six gloves, none match. One pair of gloves that DO match.

Five forks, three spoons, one butter knife. Two steak knives that I really want to know how they got into my couch. A box of candy canes that still taste yummy. A box of eyeglass cleaner wipes that I throw in my purse. Two eyeglass wipe cloths that I use for the computer monitor and my glasses at home.

Twelve dollars in change that was used in the selfserve checkout at the store (making sure no one was waiting while I piled the coins in, didn't want to make anyone wait), my Mothers graduation gift of 2 dollar bills from the year she was born. Along with one from the month and date *I* was born.

Not to mention my missing work badge that I got replaced, upteen number of pens and pencils, one shoe...I think it's Mom's missing shoe... three full cans of pop, 5 dollars worth of pop cans/bottles, upteen squkey toys with no squiker. And a watch I thought I lost at the movie theater.

Guess what I didn't find...if you guessed my hat you would be right. And no my home is not a 'pig sty' it is just lived in.

It's just a pet thing :-)

We've got the 4 cats and anytime there's a major cleaning or something gets moved, we end up finding a treasure trove of pens, lighters, cigs*, and of course, catnip mice.

Last time we moved the kitchen table we found at least 3 toys we'd thought had gotten thrown away by accident, including the Grey Bastard's favorite. Our young boys got a real kick out of playing with that...they seem to love anything with his scent for some reason.

* My mother smokes, and one of our cats *adores* the smell of cigs. Very strange little boy he is but give him one to sniff and he's in heaven! Never eats them, just sniffs.
    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

My cats like to play with straws...we find them in the hall closets all the time because they lose them under the doors.

We've also found many petrified peas under the wicker storage box in the kitchen.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

How old were these Candy Canes? LOL....

But my home is the same. Its amazing what I find in odd places due to the dog AND the kids. I have yet to find any forks though, and before I bought a bunch more, I was down to 2. (Is there a fork stealing fairy?)

At least your socks and gloves didnt go through the back of the dryer to the land of Narnia.....

Comment

semi-related. My wallet doesn't have a change compartment, so I just keep change loose in my pockets and dump it in my change pot at the end of the day. I recently checked and I have about fifty dollars
          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            How old were these Candy Canes? LOL....

But my home is the same. Its amazing what I find in odd places due to the dog AND the kids. I have yet to find any forks though, and before I bought a bunch more, I was down to 2. (Is there a fork stealing fairy?)

At least your socks and gloves didnt go through the back of the dryer to the land of Narnia.....
            This past Christmas that I got for 10 cents.

I think there is because if I recall correctly I should have 32 of them since I got 'salad' forks and 'dinner' forks that looked the exact same. I have 10...well 11, the one I'm using. I'm wondering how many I'll find in semi good shape when I move at the end of this month.

True...very true...although the squeeky toy puppy likes making them look like they did.

Comment

Quoth 411guy View Post
              semi-related. My wallet doesn't have a change compartment, so I just keep change loose in my pockets and dump it in my change pot at the end of the day. I recently checked and I have about fifty dollars
              I do that (I have a change compartment but I only put my change in it if I don't have pockets). I use a medium-sized Yankee Candle jar (appropriately, the scent was called "Harvest"), and when it's full I take it to the coin counter at the bank. It holds around $80 or so.

Quoth Aethian View Post
              True...very true...although the squeeky toy puppy likes making them look like they did.
              Hehe...squeeky toy puppy...we got a Miniature Schnauzer when I was five and I still remember the first time we gave her a squeeky toy. She pounced on it, it squeeked, and she jumped several feet. I miss having puppies...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think Candy Canes can be improved by aging.

My Mother loved peppermints that were so old that they were very soft and oozing into the wrappers. She also liked all sorts of hard candy aged that way. Her favorites were the filled raspberry candies.

Is it possible that my Mom's penchant for soft hard candies helped me to enjoy aged wine?

Yeah, I also like chocolate with a bit of bloom on it.
                Last edited by LibraryLady; 03-13-2009, 12:58 AM. Reason: Because 'wit' isn't the word I wanted to use.
                Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Working...
                X