This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats for dinner?

I know we have many cooks on our forum so I thought this might be of interest.

Tonight I'm making Bangers and Mash

I make the mash with red skinned potatos (skin left on), garlic and then I top them with a dark onion gravy.
    I mash them with cream cheese instead of milk or butter.
    The gravy is from scratch, I cant stand the salty taste of instant gravy! Beef broth, corn starch and minced onion.
    The bangers are pork andouille sausages.

Im doing a little steamed broc on the side.

The bangers were poached for ten minutes and are now roasting in the oven now and they smell SOOOOOOOO good!

YUMYUMYUM

so whats for dinner tonight?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Squiggley noodles with grilled chicken in alfredo sauce.
    20oz bottle of Pepsi
    Breadstick

I love this stuff (though I'd prefer Coke)
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I had a bowl of cereal...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I had a pizza, but your dinner goes on my list for sometime this week.

I really like using greek yogurt instead of milk/butter in my mashed potatoes.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Beef stir fry with rice and yogurt for desert.

Comment

Water Biscuits, cause I'm broke and that's all I have left xD

At least it isn't Hard Tack.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Baked pork chops (with a garlic-lemon-herb sauce if I have the ingredients), microwave potatoes and an orange sorbet for dessert.
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Frozen cheese pizza. My sister and I were craving it and I didn't feel like cooking tonight.
                "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Chalupa - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chalupas/Detail.aspx

on crushed up "hint of lime" Tostitos, topped with a little cheese, lots of leaf lettuce and a little more than 1/3 of a large avocado.

Love that stuff, and if you're careful with the cheese and chips it can be pretty healthy.

I might have a small piece of fudge my friend gave me as the leftovers from her first base chocolate batch for her new ice cream shoppe. Either that or my new craving - banana smeared with about a tbs of peanut butter. YUM

Comment

Eggplant Parmesan with salad and garlic bread. Yum!
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      Eggplant Parmesan with salad and garlic bread. Yum!
                      Any leftovers for my dinner tomorrow night?

Comment

Funny you should ask. I just made up something I just ate two hours ago that was a raging success.

Boneless chicken thighs, browned in some bacon grease and canned mushrooms, with some of the liquid. Salt, pepper, garlic powder. Put a lid on and steam till done. Smother with crispy bacon, sharp cheddar, and the little crisped mushroom bits from the pan.

Served with buttered brussel sprouts and followed up with fresh rasberries and heavy cream, drizzled lightly with chocolate syrup.

Nice.

Comment

Any leftovers for my dinner tomorrow night?
                          Come on over. That's what we're eating tomorrow night too!
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Nachos with leftover beef from Taco night and leftover cheese from the previous Nachos-With-Leftover-Beef night.
                            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Stouffer's fettucine alfredo (I don't get home from work until 8:30 and never feel like turning on the stove at that time)
                              "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
                              X