Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby is out of town this week, so me and the cats had Braunschweiger, pretzels, onion and radishes (well, the cats would only go for the Braunschweiger and some of the Pretzels) For dessert, a mango.

Yeah I know my eating habits are a bit weired when I'm by myself.

Comment

Kashi Southwest Style Chicken for lunch (best frozen dinners EVER! Only $3 at Target and so much more filling than Lean Cuisine)

I don't know about dinner....I have to study tonight, so I may cook up something just for a break. Or I may get lazy and go to Quizno's. Hm.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Chorizo quiche, or chorizo fritta haven't decided which one. Actually I can't remember if I have any more pie crust and I want to have apple tart that I bought at trader joes for dessert and I don't know about having 2 pies.

Comment

Last night I grilled some Italian sausage and had baked potatoes and green beans.

Tonight I'm grilling steak, making buttered noodles and corn.

Comment

There was a sale on individual servings of salmon and sole a few weeks back ($1 each and the pieces are perfect size for a dinner. I stocked up big time!).

I'm thinkin' I'm gonna do 2 of the salmon filets wrapped in foil in the toaster oven with some sliced baby red potatoes and fresh chopped dill and lemon juice.

We don't usually cook during the week, but I'm running low on left-overs. This is smoked turkey leg soup weekend to re-fill the freezer after I meet up with my Dad to go to the local German outlet deli.

Yeah for pay-day and filling the pantry . I'm wondering if I should I use the lentils this time instead of green beans?
            No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Despite living alone i always seem to have random friends call round at tea time as I am a fairly good cook.

Tonight was a simple assorted fish and vermouth cream pie with green beans.
              The fish was mainly all the offcuts from the last month or so. i save them ina bag in the freezer until there is enough for pie or soup. It contained haddock, smoked haddock, cod, salmon, monkfish and tuna. The creamy filling was a cream sauce with vermouth in it. I have the recipe if anyone wants it.

At the moment i am on a bit of a drive of making meals where i can eat a serving and freeze several individual portions to stock up the freezer. I have just prepped tomorrows tea and set it in the slow cooker on a timer.

When i get home from work there will be beasts heart with carrots, swede, onions and potatos. I don;t always like the meat from heart but the flavour it gives stews is delicious. And at £1.50 a heart, it's frugal. One heart makes roughly 6 servings of stew. The bread maker will be on a timer as well so there will be hot, fresh bread for mopping up the gravy!
              Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Tonight is creamcheese yams, steak and carrots and brocolli!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I've actually made my mom dread asking that question.

Every time she asks me, I say "food".

After the 300th time of this gag, she's hating asking me that.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I cooked up a pound of Angel hair in the nuclearator (the microwave) and added sauce from a jar.

Ouch, my tummy hurts! And I have left-overs, too! So I didn't eat the whole thing!

I just tried.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Mom made chicken with rice and cream of mushroom soup. I ate a lot of rice, which is weird because I HATE rice.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      I've actually made my mom dread asking that question.

Every time she asks me, I say "food".

After the 300th time of this gag, she's hating asking me that.
                      My nephew used to do that.

We asked him to be more specific.

He'd say, Good food."

Brat.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

He'd say, Good food."
                        You can tell the boy child is related to me.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                          My nephew used to do that.

He'd say, Good food."

Brat.
                          Pfft! Lightweight. I have a full chain of remarks like that which are sure to drive anyone to the loony bin.

Basically, my mom's a great cook and apart from a couple of foods that I don't care for anyway, I have not had anything to complain about. It's basically my way of saying that I don't care, it will be good anyway.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                            Basically, my mom's a great cook and apart from a couple of foods that I don't care for anyway, I have not had anything to complain about. It's basically my way of saying that I don't care, it will be good anyway.
                            Ditto!

My favorite grace was "We thank thee to bless this food and make it fit to eat..."

What else can you do to someone who sends you to school after a breakfast of strawberry shortcake... of fresh berries and newly baked shortcake?
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

am currently eating frozen pizza. so did not feel like cooking when i got off work.

yesterday i made stroganaff.
                              My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Working...
                              X