Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you who think dogs don't have emotions..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who think dogs don't have emotions..

I give you - Maiya's jealousy.

Maiya has always been my dog. No, wait, let me correct that,

I have always been Maiya's human. After a week of us having her she bonded with me tighter than you can imagine. She is always near me, even sleeps on the bed with me when my wife is away (I quite often tell people at work that when my wife is away I have a beautiful and young red headed lady sleeping with me). I love throwing some of them off, even played it here once or twice.

Maiya will often lie on the couch with me but usually by my feet. The closest she'll ever lie to my head is when her head is on my legs. That's it.

So, we got Gallon last week and of course, he bonded with me (which is good since Zorro won't have to compete for my wife's affection). Gallon is a cuddle bug, which isn't bad except he's a 90+ pound German shepherd (but a real sweetheart).

Gallon likes to cuddle closely, his head next to mine (quite often "rubbing" on the couch). He is as happy as he can be next to me.

In comes Maiya, who pushes him out of the way (and being the queen bitch, he lets her) but now I noticed something different - she now cuddles close to me, close enough to even put her head / chin on my neck and snooze.

Yes, she is getting jealous so she's becoming more affectionate towards me.

(Maiya with Raja)
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I love the tongue!
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

You have a sexy redhead Draggar!

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
      I love the tongue!
      My dog used to do that.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Awww, you're red head is very sexy!

Comment

I've never had any doubt that animals have emotions. Pablo did...you could see in his eyes.

And my girlcat holds grudges when she's mad at you. Last year, the night before Mother's Day, she was in the bedroom and my mom went to put her out so she could go to bed. Stars did NOT want to go. She ran under the table, under the bed, made my mom chase her, and finally my mom was able to put her out in the hall. Next morning, as soon as my dad opened the door in the morning, Stars ran in and went under the bed. Where she stayed. All day. I coaxed her out in the afternoon with the lint roller (she loves to be rolled) and then I picked her up and brought her to the living room. When I put her down she headed right back down the hall, back under the bed. Later she came out for some food, and by the time I left around 9pm, she was sitting on my mom's lap. And my mom's not even her human (that would be my dad). But she had a message to convey.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've never doubted that either.

Bear the dog likes to play this game my parents call "I wanna go outside every 5 minutes" or as I call it "Let's see how dumb humans are". Dad lets her out before I get there every morning. I get there and Bear gets up and has that urgent look in her eyes like she wants to go out. I always believe her and let her out. Lo and behold, she won't go potty, she just stands/sits out there....even if it's snowing or freezing outside. Then when Mom finally descends out of the bathroom/bedroom, she tries it with her too.

And if you don't let her out, she'll pout, and then walk over to a corner and literally slump onto the floor and lay down.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
            X