This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornington Crescent

Longtime lurker looking to start up a game of Mornington Crescent.

If you do decide to join please make sure you use the re-revised fifth edition of the standard ruleset with added appendixes. But let me stress that we must conduct a civilized and gentlemanly game, therefore, circling is only allowed on a forward pass in accordance with the re-revised rules.

So as to make the game easier for new players, we'll start our first game using the Shakespearean variant. Please keep in mind that this variant uses the eighth edition penalty code. For those of you not keeping up with your editions, that's the one with the preface written by lord Wallingham.

So, to get this started:

1. Turnham Green

I have a question: Are Egyptian moves prohibited under the eighth edition code? I've lost my copy.
    Last edited by Boozy; 03-11-2009, 11:01 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

No, they're allowed. There are some limitations however. A pyramid is only allowed after a double-gambit but a Cairo flush is fair game.
      Last edited by Fulton; 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Only a seasoned player would risk opening with Turnham Green so i shall have to counter with Tottenham Court Road.
        Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Throws her hand in, Finsbury Park.
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I must counter with a Barking, and protest using the eighth edition rules and suggest using the tenth edition with the Brazilian suppliment.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Unfortunately the tenth edition penalty rules aren't compatible with the Shakespearean variant we're playing. How do you expect us to run a full ruffle when we're penalized every time we double-play the globe?

Speaking of double-play, I'll counter with a double-up on Tottenham Court Road.
              Last edited by Fulton; 03-12-2009, 02:22 AM.

Comment

In that case I shall do a classic Humph by sneaking through BANK.
                Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Hmm. Since I'm forced to play catch-up I'll begin an Italian sweep by moving to Barbican.

Comment

I'll do a classic block by swinging round through FINCHLEY

Comment

Working...
                    X