X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I crack myself up sometime...

At least someone thinks I'm hilarious.

In our weekly D&D game, we've reached a crossroads to the boxed set we've been playing. It's an underdark campaign called Night Below. The game starts with the PC's being asked to find a missing young mage (who's actually a slightly higher-level than the PC's) who has disappeared, like a number of other locals have.

After more than a year of game time, and several years of real time playing, we finally found said mage who had escaped her captors and hidden herself in a small cave off of the sunless sea, which appears to be the finale of the entire campaign.

Great! We teleport back to our keep with her and present her to her husband, the one who originally asked the party to find her. All's well so far. However, we know there is a lot of evil down below to clean up, and other human kidnappee's to rescue. However...

One of our two clerics only promised to find her, nothing more. He's lawful neutral, and has fulfilled his promise to the letter, but now he believes it's time to move on. He has no real interest in cleaning up the evil that lies below, and unless we can convince him otherwise, we'll be loosing a character, but NOT the player! This is entirely IN CHARACTER decision, and it fits the character perfectly. None of use are mad at him, but we are worried because we'll be loosing not only his healing ability, but also his portal ability (one of his spells opens a portal between two known places for long enough for our party to get to and from the surface quickly.

Anyway, a much longer background than I planned on, but I've made up a sign I'm going to stand up at my place at the table next week:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LFG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2032963

All except one of the group has played, or does currently play some form of online MMO-type game, so they should get it.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Careful - he might roll up a Pally
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
      Careful - he might roll up a Pally
      Naw, D&D pally's don't have enough healing to qualify as a healer. Plus, we've already gone that route, and it ended messily. Said pally threw himself at something big and ugly while the rest of the party ran away....

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
        Naw, D&D pally's don't have enough healing to qualify as a healer.
        Yeah, I know.. that's why I said it

(in WoW I had a healer spec Pally - did good! Well, did good enough in PvE..crap in PvP - couldn't get the hang of it)
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
        X