Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My experiment....in beauty and reusing....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experiment....in beauty and reusing....

I just washed my hair.....with used coffee grinds... I was reading an article on reusing grinds, and one idea was to wash yr hair to get some shine and color (Im a brunette) It felt a bit odd, and I think I should have conditioned better afterward.....but it'll be neat to see how it looks after its dry
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Hm. That's a new one. I know you can use coffee grounds to get icky smells and ground-in dirt off your hands - been doing that for a while - and it composts well for the garden. I'll be interested to hear how the har wash thing works out. (If nothing else, I bet you got a neat-feeling scalp massage!).

Comment

It definitely felt weird I tried using some as the grinds on my skin...also odd, but not too bad as an exfoliant
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Redheads can use water steeped in used teabags, too.
        Blondes it's a little more difficult. Lemon juice, mainly.
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

While we're using food, mayo is a great conditioner. Also kills lice.

I, unfortunately, have first-hand experience testing this claim. *crawls under couch*
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Honey works better from blonds I'm told. Lemon juice works well if you have a bad smell in your hair.

Same here HFP, those suckers can infect a school FAST. Started from a second grader who had slept over at a cousins house that was infested. Spread to the whole school after a week. And those suckers love healthy clean hair.

Comment

I've heard of beer...never coffee...

I remember reading some sort of juice works for brunettes...cranberry? Something dark red I think...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

beer's good for adding bounce, shine and body to your hair. If you use it before you shampoo you won't stink of alcohol.

If you have dried or freshed herbs, and you suffer from dandruff or flaky scalp, boil rosemary in water, leave it to cool, and use as a rinse after you shampoo.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I've wanted to try beer but my brothers would have me on trial for alcohol abuse.
                  "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Well I don't drink it, and could stand some bounce and body. Whaddya do? Just pour it over in the shower before shampooing and rub it in then rinse it off? I would think shampooing would remove any traces left of it.

Comment

Important question (important to me at least).

I recently started letting my hair grow, and I want to make it grow faster. Any do's and don'ts ?
                      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

DO- eat right. Eat lots of nuts and seeds and avocados. What your hair needs to grow is B vitamins and essential fatty acids.
                        - Take sea kelp. It is cheap and it works. Double check if you have thyroid problems.
                        - Do brush gently.
                        - do massage your scalp when you shampoo

Dont-
                        Over style. Heat styling and hair products can weaken he hair.
                        Avoid getting it cut. Go to a hairdresser you trust and explain you want to grow it. They will be able to style it in a way that looks good while it's growing
                        accept it will take time. A lot of time.
                        Remember Long hair requires more maintenance.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                          Well I don't drink it, and could stand some bounce and body. Whaddya do? Just pour it over in the shower before shampooing and rub it in then rinse it off? I would think shampooing would remove any traces left of it.

My bros would be more upset that I wasn't drinking it and letting go to waste on my head than in it. I have strange siblings.
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Coarse brown sugar mixed with Oil makes a great body scrub.

Comment

I don't recommend the coffee. haha..it made my scalp very itchy.

Might try it again though if I feel adventurous.

Comment

Working...
                              X