X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The puppy in my avatar...

..is mine.

Bookstore actually reminded me of it when she posted that she liked it in another thread. But I forgot to tell you guys about her!

I've put a lot of pics of friends' dogs in my avie spot, but she is really mine and is being shipped here from Iowa on Monday evening. (Before you say anything, I indeed looked at shelters before purchasing one, but I couldn't find anything that WASN'T high maintenance. I've volunteered and given money to the SPCA so don't think I'm overlooking homeless animals). Sorry for the disclaimer; I just didn't want this thread to turn into a debate.

Anyway, her name is Cookie and she will be just shy of 10 weeks old when she gets here. I'm paying for her and she's in my name, but it's mostly for my mom because we've been without one for a while. (My dad took ours to California without telling us. Nice, right?) She's a puggle, which is a pug and beagle mix. I think she looks more like a beagle, though, with her HUGE ears. I've been preparing for her arrival, and I know I have a big job ahead of me but I'm VERY excited!

I'll post more pics as they become available.
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Puggles are completely adorable, but you said you didn't want ones that were high maintenance?

I don't know much about different breeds of dogs, but I was under the impression that puggles were terrors. At least my mom's friend's son's (mouthful, but he's basically like a sibling to my sister and I) has one with his girlfriend, and it is kind of a little asshole.

My mom's dog that she got from a shelter doesn't like to play with it, because it's too rough.

But I don't know if that's ever puggle, so I don't want to discourage you. But I hope you enjoy the pet, because he looks so sweet in the picture.

Do you have any names in mind?

Comment

Male pugs can be really hyper, that's why I wanted a girl. I know that NO puppy is completely easy to train, but this isn't my family's first. We've had many great dogs, mostly labs. I'm up to the challenge

At first I thought the name Cookie was kind of dumb, but I think I'm going to keep it. It's a cute name for a cute girl.
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Depends on your definition of high-maintenence, I guess. When I get a doggie again someday, it will be something small and short-haired, that I can just plunk in the tub (or the kitchen sink) every few weeks. As long as they are healthy and there's room for them to run and play and they get housetrained properly, I'm good. Someday...

Had a mini-Schnauzer growing up - they don't shed but they need regular grooming, and if we gave her a bath at home she dripped water all over and got the couch all wet. Pablo shed like crazy (I don't know where the heck it all came from!) but he didn't need to be trimmed or brushed or anything. Quick scrub in the sink, a good rinse and a quick towel-dry he was good to go (not that he went anywhere...he was more likely to curl up in the towel in your lap and go to sleep).

I like puggles...they're so cute! And I think the name Cookie is a good one. Next time EQ starts handing out cookies, you can say you've already got all you need
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
          Puggles are completely adorable, but you said you didn't want ones that were high maintenance?
          I dunno, I think it has to do with how the Pup was raised. Kay-Cari was considered "high maintenance" to my Grandmother only because we never treated her like a dog (she was our baby sister from day 1) and Bosco is, well, I think she feels he's less than a dog.

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
          At first I thought the name Cookie was kind of dumb, but I think I'm going to keep it. It's a cute name for a cute girl.
          I like the name Cookie. I wanna nickname one of my kids Cookie (adopting with Flea-Bit one day, if I can ever settle down or get him to Roam with me).
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
          X