This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of an Era...Until Next Time

I am getting rid of my hair tomorrow. Well, 22 inches of it. That should leave me with a good 7-8 inches to work with.

I'm just done with it. It's become more of a hassle than anything, I'm spending egregious amounts of money on conditioner and the ends are horribly dry, Husband lies down on it at night, it goes from straight to tangled in 2.5 seconds, it's heavy, gets caught in car doors and vacuum cleaners etc. And I can't see keeping up with my hair AND a baby this fall.

I'm really looking forward to this. I love the first time you wash your hair after it's been cut; it feels so strange but also liberating!

So, bye-bye hair. HUsband will be sad but hey...it grows quickly. I'll just grow it out another 5 years and then cut it. And then grow it out another five years and then cut it. And then...
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

I really want to either get my hair down to 2 inches long or just completely shave it ... I'm tired of all the poofy, hard to manage hair.

Comment

I just recently cut my hair to my shoulders and, it was about half way down my back. I was going to give it to locks of love, but I came up a little short. (no pun intended)
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        I am getting rid of my hair tomorrow. Well, 22 inches of it. That should leave me with a good 7-8 inches to work with.
        Will it be going to Locks of Love?

If I could ever grow my hair that long, I would consider donating to it, even though I am a guy.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Will it be going to Locks of Love?

If I could ever grow my hair that long, I would consider donating to it, even though I am a guy.
          I know a guy who grew out his hair just to donate it.

I had hip-length hair when I was in high school/college. I cut it to my shoulder blades just before I went back to school for my junior year (not sure if Locks of Love was around then; if so I never heard of it or I would have donated it - it was 10 inches). Ever since then I've had it anywhere from just above the shoulders to mid-back. I just got it cut a couple weeks ago (only about 6 inches but that's a lot for me) and it felt so strange when I washed it the next day. Now it's layerd at the back and the longest pieces are just to my shoulders; too short to really pull back...which is partly why I did it because I was so sick of doing nothing with it but putting it in a bun or a clip. Now I'm forced to dry it at least a little bit (the front pieces, at the very least). And the one day earlier this week when I had no time to do anything but the very front, it still turned out really cute when it dried. I almost have curls...
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-13-2009, 11:34 PM.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A lot of places will cut your hair for free if you are willing to donate it. Just sayin'.
            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Having your hair cut from long to short is the best most liberating feeling! I did it about seven years ago, went from waist length to lesbian librarian short. Cuts down the grooming time tremendously! You'll need that with the new bambino
              "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
              X