X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need to rant...

I just do...

My dad's been sick for awhile, tonight he was admitted to the hospital for kidney blockage, he's been in kidney failure for the last few months, a bad side of his cancer...both of my parents for what it's worth have been in very poor health...

I had taken tomorrow off of work due to my children's father's whining that he wanted to go out for St. Pat's...etc etc.. Being the former bartender, I tried to be nice.. I took the day off.

In between my dad's admittance and my ill used vacation time, I learned my ex wanted the time away from the kids to spend with a girl... a 9 years his junior, unemployed, not looking for a job mother.... he does not pay me child support, in fact I buy him groceries and buy everything for our kids, and he's bank rolling an employed chick...he makes more then I do...imagine me seeing red..

So tonight, my dad gets sent to the hospital, his kidneys are bad enough to require surgery. I call my ex, my children's father, to please come get the kids so I can be with my family...all I ask is that the welfare girl is not there...guess who he could not kick out of his bed...

Arguing ensues and the voicemail I left him was "Good luck getting the kids ever"...

I'm just mad..and worried...
    Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

My sympathy for your parents.

And for your problems with your ex. I hope the kids will be better off now.

My prayers are with you.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

*snuggles hard and just holds* Okay Babe what we need to do....forget the looser for the moment he needs to be in the back of your mind. Your Dad and your kids Grandfather need you right now. Notice how I mentionthe kids? Yea they are going to be needing Mom support as well as giving Mom support in their own little kid way. Looser ex needs NO thought anywhere.

Comment

I got a friend to take my daughter, she is too young to be at the hospital. I left it up to my son, and he wants to go with me.. The ex part that irks me is that he can't man up and put the kids before his penis, and that's what I needed him to do. It's ok tho, I've got friends...

They did one surgery today, they were supposed to put stents in, but they can't, so they're seeing if the can put tubes in that'll come out of his back, if they can't do that either they're just going to send him home.
        Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

It's good you have friends you can rely on.

Is there a formal custody/child support agreement with the court? If not, perhaps there should be. Unless it's for your kids while they're with him, I would not be buying him groceries or anything else.

I hope your dad's surgery goes well.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BSE - it's only for the kids I do that, otherwise I'm afraid it'd be fast food and hamburger helper..

Comment

Working...
            X