X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH crap!!!

Sigh...

I just made a Pavlova http://www.joyofbaking.com/Pavlova.html from scratch

I make them a lot for parties over here because no one has ever had them before and everyone ohhs and ahhs over them.

I'm having a dinner party tomorrow night and Ive spent the last two days in bed feeling really crappy. I finally get my arse in gear haul myself out of bed and....

I BURNT THE FREAKING THING!!!!!!!!

6 eggs down the drain, its 1am!!! and now I have to get up really early tomorrow to make another bloody one!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

poor lady pavlova is awsome
    I am not really important enough to have a funny quote yet.

Comment

Damn...

I LURVE pavlovas... but never even tried to make one yet.
      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Kiwi if it makes you feel any better... I made a dish that take a loaf and a half of Italian bread cut into cubes and then a dozen eggs soaked for 12 hours. Everything was going good, get it into the oven and it cooks nicely to a deep rich brown. Put on some cinnamon a bit of powder suger and then let it sit while I finish getting ready for work. Come downstairs and pick it up only to trip over one of the dogs racing to get outside so she could poo...my dish went everywhere on the floor.

I cried.

Comment

the wrost part was it looked like someone had poo'd on my baking tray

I trolled the internet to find the recipie to find something similar to the one I had so now im off to try again!

Comment

Oh no! Somehow wasted eggs seem to make everything worse, don't they? I don't know why, it's not that eggs are very expensive anymore. Maybe because they are so *obviously* a finite resource in one's pantry? You can't eke by with half an egg.

I hope the next one turns out well. I have never made meringue anything but I do love them. I may have to try my hand at a pavlova for The Boy's birthday this summer.

(My family's "super-duper impressive dessert" is an English trifle, with poundcake soaked in sherry, a deep layer of custard, a layer of fruit, then a thick layer of whipped cream and more fruit. So. Yummy. And Jello must never be brought near trifle, for that is blasphemy!).

Comment

I am so saving this recipe so I can make one when I move to New Mexico!

My friends are all Guinna Pigs when it comes to cooking experiments.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

This is what the first one turned out like

and the second one turned out beautifully here it is

now its ready to top with cream, kiwifruit and raspberrys!!!

Comment

It looks so good! I have no idea what's in it, but I would try it in a heartbeat!
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Its like a marshmallow cake, but with a crispy crunch crust on the outside then soft marshmallowy goodness on the inside.

Comment

I introduced an American friend to one. Cut him a big slice and he goes "Oh no, that's far too much!", but I insisted.

He agreed, on reflection, there's so much just AIR inside those things, that it was actually a reasonable sized slice!

I have heard they are extremely difficult to make though, so well done on the second one!

Comment

Working...
                      X