Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my nephew were still here, I'd get Guitar Hero: MetallicA and play the hell out of it.

*sigh*
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Flamethrower, stat!
      I just don't understand bagpipe haters...

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I myself am waiting for Kazoo Idol.
      I knew there was a reason my it's my life's mission to stalk you.

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
      I'd only buy it if it had this on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrvHnYpwkk
      YouTube links? Don't follow. Dialup.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Well, they're coming out with DJ Hero, so it's not completely insane
      But...I'm all about the insane!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post

I knew there was a reason my it's my life's mission to stalk you.
        Meh. As long as it's the harmless ninja pirate kind and not the Becky Schaeffer kind.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          I'd only buy it if it had this on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrvHnYpwkk
          There's a rumor going around that this will soon be available as a free download. I hope it's true.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Technically, Harmonix didn't sell it, they abandoned it to Activision, and thus technically *they* are the copy cats. World Tour also has a beginner mode, as already noted. And while the learning curve on GH3 is a little whacked out, it's pretty good on World Tour. Basically, you can't compare 3 to World Tour or Rock Band.

So stop it.
            Fair enough that Guitar Hero 3 shouldn't be compared to the other two. It's not the same thing.

Fair enough, Harmonix gave Guitar Hero over to Activision.

But I stand by disliking what Activision did with the franchise- and I stand by my opinion that World Tour is a copy of Rock Band.

The question was which I like better, and it's a clear cut Rock Band. Rock Band came out well before World Tour. I like Harmonix (they've been around a long time creating music/rhythm games- the first of which I'm familiar with being Frequency)

I'm ok with being in the apparent minority on this. It wasn't meant as an attack, but I feel strongly about it so I guess I can see my words coming across badly. Didn't mean to upset anyone.

I know another person mentioned that they liked the beginner mode in World Tour. So, I was merely pointing out to the original poster that Rock Band also has a beginner mode that doesn't let you fail. AND another person raised concerns about the drum set- which YES originally had problems. They have since been resolved. So I was assuring the OP that if they choose Rock Band, both of those are moot concerns.

I got excited. Wasn't attacking anyone. Again, I apologize if it came across as such.

But my vote is firmly that Rock Band is superior.
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              I just don't understand bagpipe haters...
              Oh, I like pipes, especially non-standard usage. I'd like to see & hear Delta or Chicago blues on pipes. Hmm... I'll have to research that and add it to the 1200 albums I already have on my must-buy-soon list.

Still, the tonality is something like my mother's voice invoking demons by reciting my entire full name.
              As, Bill Cosby says, "That'll de-calcify your spine"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Meh. As long as it's the harmless ninja pirate kind and not the Becky Schaeffer kind.
                Never fear. I'm a snazzy stalker. See my first siggy.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their input.

I ended up getting Guitar Hero World Tour and am totally addicted to both the guitar and the drums. My little one is enjoying it as well.

Now I just have to practice enough to challenge my brother who thinks the expert difficulties are a piece of cake.
                  If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
                    <snip>
                    I ended up getting Guitar Hero World Tour and am totally addicted to both the guitar and the drums. My little one is enjoying it as well.

Now I just have to practice enough to challenge my brother who thinks the expert difficulties are a piece of cake.
                    It is addicting isn't it? It's a good thing these games came out NOW, while I'm an adult, and not when I was a teenager. I never would have left the house. Ever.

If your brother thinks expert is a piece of cake...just wow. That's awesome. I play guitar on expert, but there's maybe 4 songs on Rockband that still have me stumped (I fail every time I get to a certain piece of the song).

As for drums, every group I've played with already had someone who preferred the drums, so I've only ever attempted it on easy. The drums are hard!

I've picked up singing and so far I can do all the songs on Hard. I'd like to get my range good enough to finish the game on Expert.

Anyway. I'm glad you're having fun with it! My only sadness is (if you have a 360 and a live gold account) I can't invite you to join in a game.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                    X