This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binaural Beats - Anyone Heard of It?

Someone was just telling me about them. It sends two waves of sound into you at two slightly different frequencies. As a result, your brain switches towards these frequencies and produces different effects. A higher frequency would make you more alert, awake, etc. A lower frequency would make you more relaxed, and could eventually put you to sleep if you go REALLY low. I can tell which one my friend had just used as he was quite jittery.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Haven't heard of it, but I have a fascination with these kinds of things and I'll definitely be looking into it!

I'd be careful delving too far into this without doing some research if it messes with how your brain interacts with the rest of your body
    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Fear my Wiki-fu!
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I bought a binaural beats iPhone app, and it did nothing for me. It was greatly irritating to listen to. That's about it.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Trying my first one: Greenday on Crack!

Edit: ~30 minutes later. Don't think I feel quite like I'm on crack, but I'm definitely more awake now than I was in my Advanced Analytical Chem. class. AND I now know what oxaloacetate does (We are apparently getting quizzed on it today. Thanks friends in intro to biochem!).
          Last edited by Greenday; 03-17-2009, 01:59 PM.
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Hi GD.

Yes, I know of them. I use a binaural backing track to my meditation cd. But in that instance, it's made by 2 microphones in the ears of a styrofoam 'head' - just like normal hearing.

That BrainWaves chart in the link isn't entirely correct with its descriptions for each of the Waves... the lowest on the chart (Delta) is the brain state that people get into when they go into deep trance (shamanistic), and thus, is very visual and experiential.

Whether Binaural tones do anything for you... I've heard differing opinions...

Depending on exactly what you're trying to get out of it, there may well be other ways to achieve those results anyway.
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
            X