This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyra Banks Show

So I was watching the tyra banks show yesterday(avoids flying vegs and fruits)
    There was a woman on the show that was 600 pounds and WANTED to get to 1000,that was her goal. She was some kind of BBW fetish model(she takes requests from viewers as in dog collars and nighties)on the internet.Tyra asked her if thats why she wanted to gain weight.Because I guess she would make more money,she denied that was the reason.Then there was a wife on the show whose hubby forced fed her donuts and cupcakes(drools on keyboard-CUPCAKES).Her hubby wanted her to weight 500 pounds or more,she was at 415 pounds. He was upset that she lost 15 pounds.One person stood up and said that she thought the first woman has mental problems or something.Just wondering if anyone else seen this show? I couldn't believe there are people (especially woman) that WANT to weight 500 pounds and more.

I haven't seen that one...but one of my co-irkers just *loves* Tyra. And Ellen. What few shows I've seen of either, seem to be the "rejects" from Oprah or other talk shows. Wouldn't surprise me if Tyra's show became like Maury Povich or even...Jerry Springer
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yesterday the husband got up early (it was my day off) so I crawled out to the couch to sleep (darker in the living room) and when I woke up flipped on the TV to see what time it was. I knew it was just 9 because Tyra Banks was starting.

I felt sorry for the 600 pound woman; I think she really must have mental issues because she said she didn't care about the health problems associated with her weight. Her mother had died of breast cancer and so she was going to die of breast cancer so who cares? She also said she didn't like moving. Not that she didn't like exercise, but that mobility held no charms for her. Overall it seemed a sad case and I was angry at her boyfriend for encouraging her in her goal.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I was disgusted watching that show. It's one thing to be comfortable with yourself and your body, especially being a larger woman, but it's a whole other thing to want to weigh over 500 pounds and be upset that you aren't getting even bigger. That woman on the show yesterday nearly started crying when they weighed her and she was less than 600 pounds. She said that she's happy she can't walk to the mailbox or stand for very long. That movement is "over-rated".
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          That movement is "over-rated".
          She won't be saying that...as she's on the couch, and her house is burning down around her
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I worry for the woman whose husband force-feeds her fatty foods (this exposition brought to you by the letter F). He doesn't care about her health.

Maybe he and the Thousand Pound Wonder should hook up?
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Did anyone see this episode of Nip/Tuck: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0661186/

So frikkin' sad.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

There's actually a name for the forced-feeding/weight gain fetish: feederism

I don't understand it myself. I mean, I can understand being comfortable with your body, and perhaps gaining a few pounds over the years, but what the allure of being so fat that you can't move?! And why would anyone want their SO to be so big that they could crush or smother them?!

As for the Tyra Banks show, I've actually seen some good episodes, such as the one where Tyra helped those women overcome their fears.

Comment

I caught the beginning of the 600 pound woman segment. I could seriously only stomach only about 5 minutes. She was funneling 3 gallons of chocolate milk for other fetishists online. A walk to the mailbox was tough for her and she had to sit on the steps before she went back inside. Its sad. Someone like that needs help...but nothing will work if she wont help herself first.

Comment

So, does anyone else think of the Simpsons episode?
                    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Due to morbid curiousity, I went a-researchin' about obesity, etc, and came across the story of a woman who was 450lbs and literally FUSED with the couch she had been lying on for 6 years.

http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html

It's a pretty old story (2004), but gives you an idea of what extreme obesity, and no doubt some major mental health problems, can do.

I would never want someone I loved get to this extreme. So I'm keeping an eye on my G-pa; he spends most of the day sleeping on the couch. >>
                      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                        Due to morbid curiousity, I went a-researchin' about obesity, etc, and came across the story of a woman who was 450lbs and literally FUSED with the couch she had been lying on for 6 years.
                        So that's where the Nip/Tuck writers got their story.
                        Last edited by Ree; 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: Editing quote
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

People WANT to weigh that much?!?!?! Why? Is it a magic number that the rest of us are not privy to?? That's just so not healthy. I'm not a complete health nut but that's crazy. Just crazy
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Yeah, the Nip/Tuck episode was related to that. I think that sort of thing has happened a good few times sadly. Is distressing to think that people will willingly ignore the facts about their health. I can kind of understand it being a fetish (not my thing personally) but surely there must be some intervention if it becomes too dangerous to a person's health.

Comment

Working...
                            X