X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying a piece of Classical music

Namely, the music in this video

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1904217

(The later part of it is also included on another of my favourite songs)
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

It is Carmina Burana by Orff or at least part of it. I've known for most of my life as the Old Spice music.
    Last edited by Lady Legira; 03-18-2009, 01:29 PM.
    As soon as I start thinking
    That I'm sensible and sane
    The Random Hedgehog comes along
    And fiddles with my Brain
    (from card I got)

Comment

Specifically, it's O Fortuna, the best known of the Carmina Burana pieces.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

If anyone's a fan of Hal Sparks' comedy, it's the song he calls the "greatest song in the history of the world" and talks about for the first few minutes of "Escape from Halcatraz".

"Why isn't that available at karaoke?!?!"
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Oh goodness...It's been years since I've heard that song. Easily one of my favourites to sing with a full choir. Hard as hell in certain points, but when you get a good group, with a great conductor, it's incredibly moving.

Although when I first sang it, I hated the staccato. HATED. A high F/C# staccato over two measures...ugh. But nailing it is the greatest feeling in the world.

Comment

Enquiring minds want to know what rifle they're firing...?
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

It's a .577 T-Rex Rifle AKA An elephant Gun.
              Last edited by RayvenQ; 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

We played selections from Carmina Burana in my high school band - I still remember when we played O Fortuna and the first time it came together and nearly everyone realized they already knew it!

Comment

*harkens back to the day* Ahhh geriatric ravers you'll enjoy this.

I'm listening to the techno remix of it at the moment. *sigh* Where did my glow sticks go to?
                  Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                    It's a .577 T-Rex Rifle AKA An elephant Gun.
                    I've always wanted an elephant gun. No, not *that* sort of elephant gun. Nope, I want one that *fires* elephants. Imagine the look on your victim's face when a pachyderm comes flying at them full-force
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Also featured prominently in the movie "Excalibur" back in the eighties. Very stirring.

Lil Bunny, where'd you find a techno remix of this? It sounds like something I'd really like . . .

Comment

Oh man, no idea anymore. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send it to you tonight when I get home!
                        Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                          I've always wanted an elephant gun. No, not *that* sort of elephant gun. Nope, I want one that *fires* elephants. Imagine the look on your victim's face when a pachyderm comes flying at them full-force
                          I want a tiger tank, that fires actual tigers

Caliber? It'd have to be a 01-1 51-111 Caliber (AKA OH SHIT)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            Spider Robinson did a riff in a story where the characters were proposing alternate weapons:

The snot-gun
                            The sling-shit (These two are favored in polite political discussions)

The cross-bo (fires angry hobos) and several others I can'r remember.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One of the women over on the Devil's Panties board has a strip called Lucid Moments. One of her story arcs talks about a kitten gun.

It's a gun, that fires kittens.

I want one.

Comment

Working...
                              X