Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked out my window at 7:30am. It was a little cloudy, but clear. I leave, and as I step out my door at 7:37, there's huge flat flakes floating. Fucking fabulous. At 7:50, I wipe out less than one block from the LRT. Down like a ton of bricks, and fold my leg under me, torquing both my ankle and knee. I felt like I'd broken something. Get up at 7:55. Get to work at about 8:25. Leave about 11. Get home at noon. A few hours later, everything's melting like crazy. Now it's almost 8pm. Leg is super-stiff, but not super-sore anymore. Still hobbling. Now I'm gonna go hobble over to get some more pain killers.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Nice to know I'm not the only one who got injured yesterday. God damn people not touching their sidewalks letting it go to sheet ice.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Aaaaand the weatherman says...5 to 8 inches of snow for Saturday evening into Sunday.

Frosty's bending me over as we type.
        I know you are getting it worse that we are. they are predicting maybe 2 to 3 inches here. I see that Chicago and Milwaukee will be getting the brunt of the storm. and the there is Tuesday into Wed. next week. more snow/rain

screw FROSTY. borrow the flamethrower from Misinthopical (as she is the keeper of said thrower) and melt his ass down to a puddle to be sucked down the sewer while chucking several holy handgrenades in for good luck
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-29-2009, 07:05 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Ugh, I had to go OUTSIDE today. There were flowers. And freaking BIRDS. And that damn Daystar.

Too freaking Springy out there.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I would love some Spring. Might melt the coat of ice that's on EVERYTHING.

Bah.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

HorrorFrogPrincess, I am totally stealing that.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

67F, no wind, partly cloudy. YAY!!!

I'm wearing shorts, t-shirt, and my flippy-floppies.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

The temp dropped about 20 degrees over night... And I forgot to pack a change of clothes last night when we went to the party (we, and our ride, were drinking so NO DRIVING!)... Had to come home in the outfit I wore there (Ref: Pervfest thread) It was 40F....

Sun please come back! I want my heat back! (Did I mention my friends in highschool used to say I was part lizard?)

Comment

I have a friend of mine who must be part lizard for the amount of heat he likes. It amuses me.

I'd rather have it be about 40-60F all day, every day. I'm not sure what that makes me, other than in love with my sweatjackets....

Spring is here, and the grass is growing, and the creek didn't flood at all! *happy dance*
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Well, when I was in Israel (and to this day even) when it's cold and rainy and yucky out, I move a little slower, I'm slower to get out of bed, and I'm not my usual happy perky self. When the sun comes out, you can usually find me basking on some sunny spot in the grass. Well nowadays you can find me in my wingback chair in my bedless bedroom with the window open and sun pouring in.

Why is it 31F right now? I see the sun coming up, and it's a beautiful sun rise! First time I've seen the sun in like four days. Ahhh well it will be 64F today

Comment

Working...
                      X