Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should have some pictures of the now improved cookies!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
      I think we should have some pictures of the now improved cookies!
      I'll be making more today. I'll be sure to put before and after shots. LOL

Comment

I only use butter, never margarine for cookies, and I also use baker's sugar.
        It's a slightly finer crystal of white sugar, compared to the stuff you normally get. This means it blends better with the butter, and will melt/bake better.
        Butter is at room temp, sugar is also, eggs are cold.

Keep an eye on your oven temps, and when they're done (golden, light golden) pull them out and put directly on cooling rack. Anyone who breaks is fair testing game!

Let them cool and transfer directly to airtight container. (mouth is also allowed.)

Have fun!

Cutenoob
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Mouth technically can be an airtight container.

Also, I want cookies now.

*does his best zombie impression*
          Coookiiiiiiiessss...
          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

So, I made more cookies today. My hubby mustve taken the camera to work, b/c its not in the house.

SO results with real butter: better, but only slightly. The cookies werent as spread out, but they were still spread out. The dough before it was baked was thicker so I thought for sure they would look more like commercial chocolate chips. lol. But Im happy with the result.

Mmmmmmmmmm.......My house is now loaded with cookies.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              I once ate an entire roll of premade cookie dough in a week's time. I couldn't stop myself.
              I think the last time I did that, it took me a month. And it was one of those mini tubes.

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              Though I DID one day...buy a tub of frosting, just for me to eat by itself.
              I did that one with chocolate frosting. I think I had one spoonful the first day, maybe a couple over the next few days, and then I couldn't stand it anymore.

I don't really like chocolate frosting anymore...

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              And I wonder at the size of my ass now..

That explains soooooooooooooo much in my case...
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I used to eat a whole tube of cookie dough in the course of a single day.

Okay, so the 8-10 hours I was awake.

I have an incredible metabolism.

Aaaaaaaand now I can't eat it no more. Stupid body going haywire. Where'd I put that popcorn?
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I'm glad you got the butter/shortening issue figured out. Other than that, some people just seem to have a lighter or heavier touch with the dough; my mom and I use the same coconut oatmeal cookie recipe, the same brands of shortening, flour, baking powder etcetera - and we end up with totally different looking cookies. Hers are more like shortbread, while mine turn out thinner and crispier.

Comment

i usually add almond abstract in my cookies, usually the same amount as vanilla.

makes it just a little yummier
                    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                      i usually add almond abstract in my cookies, usually the same amount as vanilla.
                      If you use vanilla extract, make sure you use the real stuff and not the artificial vanilla. Costs a bit more, but it's so worth it, makes your food taste loads better.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        If you use vanilla extract, make sure you use the real stuff and not the artificial vanilla. Costs a bit more, but it's so worth it, makes your food taste loads better.
                        I ordered some for my Mom online - only $12 all told and it was a HUGE bottle. As in, enough to last for a couple of years (depending on how much you bake, of course).
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                          SO results with real butter: better, but only slightly. The cookies werent as spread out, but they were still spread out. The dough before it was baked was thicker so I thought for sure they would look more like commercial chocolate chips. lol. But Im happy with the result.
                          I wouldn't get so caught up in measuring your baked results against pictures from professional/promotional pictures. A lot of them (myself included) tend to use parchment paper or silicone baking mats for baking cookies. These can cause the baking surface to not heat up so fast, so the cookies don't spread as much.
                          If you really want your cookies to be nice and plump, I'd recommend trying one of those items. They also help the cookies to not burn as quickly.

You didn't say, but if you're covering your cookie sheet with foil, and baking the cookies on that, don't. That WILL make your cookies spread more.

Comment

I just discovered parchment paper this year. Why didn't anybody tell me???! I love this stuff! I can make the Decadent Brownies without fussing about them sticking to the pan. Which means I am making them a lot more often, heh.

Comment

I use the recipe of the bag of chocolate chips. I use real butter, melted in a glass cup in the microwave. Mix everything together in one bowl--don't worry about sifting the dry stuff together first. Use jumbo or extra large eggs, and double the vanilla extract. Refrigerate the dough before and between batches. Pull the cookies from the oven just before they look done, and let them cool till firm still on the cookie sheet. Transfer to wire cooling racks just before it's time to load up the next batch.

I don't get to bake as often as I would like, but I have had coworkers offer to pay me to bake cc cookies!
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X