This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical help

Ok, so I learned the hard way that I'm urinary incontinent. Lucky for me I was at home,so I didn't embarrass myself. My question is (for you parents, or even perhaps sufferers) what brand should I use? I don't want the tapeable kind because they are loud, and make that awful crinkling sound. I also don't want to give my condition away. What will I do?
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

If you dont want the tapeable kind, they sell those that are full on undies. IDK how easy theyd be to change out in public. If its just a little bit incontinence, that shouldnt be an issue. They do have some without tape, but they tend to migrate. The issue with those is that the wrappers would most likely also make a crinkly noise.

Good Luck. I know its hard to have an issue like that, that isnt easy to share or explain.

Comment

They have full incontinence undergarmnets from Depends brand that are cloth with velcro like tabs. they are quiet and not crinkly. They also make regular pull ups, but those you cant change without stripping down, and are only for small accidents. Also, if the amount is fairly minor, you can get incontinence pads that stick in your current underwear. I Work in a care home, and have tried a few different kinds on the residents, and Depends seem to be the best. They are purple (in case you look for them).
      Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

1. Seriously consider washable incontinence pads and pants. Much more comfortable and less drying. (I use them when Aunt Flo visits.)
        Clean them with cloth-diaper cleaner, and they come out like new. (yes, even with Aunt Flo's visits.) Napisan is the leading Australian brand.

2. Get thee to a doctor. Many causes of incontinence are curable.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          2. Get thee to a doctor. Many causes of incontinence are curable.
          What she said. If you haven't already, that should be your first order of business...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X