This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Did You First Hear About CS?

I was just reading a post, and wondering about how everyone first came to hear about Customers Suck...

I don't even remember myself... I think I was just grouchy one day and typed "customers suck" and there you go!
    Friend/ Family
    11.29%
    Coworker/ Boss
    3.23%
    Advertisement/ Testimonial
    11.29%
    Search Engine/ Stumble- Upon
    35.48%
    Accident/ Other
    38.71%
    Last edited by SilverOrb; 03-20-2009, 09:35 PM. Reason: me no can spell
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Devil's Panties. I looked at the links to her other comics, found the Customers Suck comic, which led here.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Same as HFP, Jennie Breeden all the way.

Comment

Usenet for me. I was lurking in something called alt.tech.support.recovery - pretty much a newsgroup that was for techs complaining about stupid users. Not been there for years - was dead last time I saw it.

Anyway, someone came on who had a set of retail tales - he was pointed to several retail worker sites, and I followed the links.

The world was never the same.

I can still remember my first post and Mad Mike greeting me - I think it was just after he became a moderator. I don't remember the entire post, but part of what he said was that it looked as if I'd fit right in. Guess he was right

Rapscallion

Comment

I cant even remember to be honest

I do remember the first people I talked to were Mad Mike and a member called something Bassist (I can't remember his first name).
          The first story I read was the vinegar saga and laughed my head off.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

My friend Liz showed me the comics, and I loved them, but didn't go to the forums. A few months later, I checked out the main page and read the War Stories, then a few months after that, went into the forums.

Never been the same since. Seriously, I love hanging out here.
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I dunno why Raps, but for some reason I just always thought that you created the site... Along with a few others like Mad Mike, Junior Mintz, etc etc....
              "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Geebas on Parade -> Devil's Panties -> Customers Suck Strip
                I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

One of my friends at school likes reading the posts and War Stories, and showed off the Vinegar Boy story to me. I liked the idea of a place to vent about the sheeple we deal with on a daily basis, and was won over right away.

Comment

Devils Panties > Twisted Knickers (isn't that here?)
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I forget where I found it originally...I came across it somehow several years ago, and lurked for a while, and then just sorta stopped reading and forgot about it. Then I happened across it again a couple years ago, shortly before I signed up. I was reading one day, and read a post by someone who wanted to know how best to let their local B&N store know what a great experience they had. Since I'm all for my company's people getting the recognition they deserve, I joined so I could post an answer...and the rest is history...

Edit: Going on 2 and a half years...wow!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I remember years ago just google-ing "customers suck" one day because I'd had a really rough day with the people in the store that day.

The site was then owned by Mr. Slugger (I believe that was his name) and the first story I read was "Vinegar Boy". I was hooked. That site had some old-school video games and also had mugs with the logo available to buy too.

That's the best google search I've ever done!!!
                        If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

I was lucky enough to stumble upon it..this site and notalwaysright.com.

Odddly enough, the first story I remember reading is also the Vinegar boy one. LOL. Weird how somethings stick with you.

Comment

I first joined many years ago before a few hacks when George/Mr. Slugger owned the place. Oddly enough I have no idea what I first read, although I do know there sub forums for sucky passengers etc...
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I was searching for a particular joke (I think it was a "Work Name Generator") and I accidentally came across this place through a link.
                              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X