Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I recall being directed here by a coworker and fellow poster, Dispatch. I came here at his bequest and I just fell in love. I think this is the longest participation I've ever had on a board.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

If I remember correctly, I learned about CS through a link someone had posted in the gucomics forums. I can't remember what the first article I read was, but I do remember the Vinegar Boy Saga. I also remember all the things the poor 1JimmyCwent through. Here's hoping things have gotten better for him.
      Last edited by Teysa; 03-21-2009, 11:34 PM. Reason: meant 1JimmyC-oops
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I actually heard about the site from a newspaper article about customer service.

Comment

Awhile ago www.msn.com ran an article about good and bad customer service and coping strategies. They had a link to CS in the article.

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
            I dunno why Raps, but for some reason I just always thought that you created the site... Along with a few others like Mad Mike, Junior Mintz, etc etc....
            Me too. I remember somebody in one of the forums in Monster.com posted up a link about this site was how I came across it (this had to be around 2006 or 2007) and I was reading all the stories in the homepage of the site and some of the stories on the board. I forget my first one that I read, but that's what got me to be a member. I'm so happy we have this site out here for us to vent about the frustrations of our line of work with customers, our co-irkers, bosses and the like. Thank you and you guys rock!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I read about it on a work diary B&NGoddess had on fictionpress.net.

She mentioned it briefly. I got curious and went here. Dinked around a bit, made an account,lurked a bit, and then started posting.

Now, I know some amazing people and am texting Plaidman. W00t!
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

I first read about it in Yahoo! Magazine (remember that?) waaaaay back when I bought my first real desktop PC.
                "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Comic con -> Devil's panties -> customer's suck

I went to comicon for the first time 2 years ago and saw Jennie's banner, went home and read her comic which lead here.
                  Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Well I had a pretty bad day at work and did a Google search for something about Kroger seeing if anyone else had it bad in Krogerland. Only one Kroger specific forum and a facebook group (2 actually) but they aren't frequently posted like this site. Anyway I stumbled on a post here about working at SCO here at Kroger, and signed up soon after that.

I gotta say this is the first forum (and I've been a member to a lot of forums) I have been this active. I loves it! You guys are awesome!

Comment

about 8 years ago I found a web site called Randy's World Wide Weirdness. this was a site that listed some strange but interesting sites (I actually found 2 sites from there I liked one led to CS and aonther was MIL Stories).

Through the RWWW site I found a site call Customers Eat My Shorts run by a (former) member here called Canadian TIre Chick. I read her stories and rants about working for Canadian Tire. she had a link to CS. and the rest is history. been around for what 6 hacks and two different owners.

special thanks to Raps for keeping our dream site alive. Thanks to Mr. Slugger for originally starting this site.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I don't remember...probably a link from some newsletter I was getting at one time or another. I believe the first time I joined, the Vinegar boy saga was still going on, though. I think one of my earlier screen names was Trixie, so that could have been over 8 years ago. I know I wasn't much of a poster until relatively recently (this incarnation), and I still don't consider myself to be prolific.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Waay back in the late 1990s, I was on AOL (don't hate me! I didn't know better back then!) and on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 boards. A member there was also a member here (don't remember his name, sorry ) and mentioned this site in one of his posts. Curious, I came over, started reading, and the rest is history.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I actually had a customer tell me about this site, while I was ringing her out!
                            Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Working...
                            X