This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe I did that *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I've heard tales of just how bad he is, but I've now seen "In the Name of the King" - the Dungeon Siege film directed by Uwe Boll. First of his films I've ever seen.

I played the game when it came out, and I really enjoyed it. I figured I'd see just how different it was.

Several things made me wonder if he or the scriptwriters had seen any of the game, but I'm left with one thought that needs highlighting.

Why the buggery did he have ninjas in there? I like them, but there's no justification for it.

Rapscallion

Because Boll is insane. He tries to make movies that appeal to gamers, but he never seems to pull it off.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Not true. Boll is evil overlord. Movies made in German, like most of his films only have to pay taxes on making them if it makes profit. If it doesn't, you get money back.

Boll is able to acquire funding thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allows investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allows them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor is then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor gets a tax writeoff.
      Last edited by Plaidman; 03-21-2009, 03:04 AM.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

That would explain a LOT, actually.

Comment

You know Raps, some warnings really should be listened to. The warning to not watch ANY Uwe Boll movie to save your brain is one of them.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Actually, AIR, that loophole is closed. Why people continue giving him money remains a mystery.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Oh, I don't know ... If I want something really cheesy and something that I can MST3K really well, I'd pop in a Uwe Boll movie.

FTR, we rented Dungeon Siege and then my parents borrowed it from us. My MOM actually enjoyed it! (I think it was 'cos Burt Reynolds was in it).

And besides, Dungeon Siege was way better than Blood Rayne 2.

Comment

Funnily enough, I think his best movie is...Postal, the film follows the idea of the games (albeit the 2nd one) fairly well, with events that you can recognise or at least see they're based on the game. He also shows in it (i think) that he's mellowing out slightly, by taking the piss out of himself onscreen. Though it is somewhat rude, crude and not PC.

The secret to enjoying Uwe Bolle films (or at least more than you would normally) is to ignore the fact that they're supposed to be videogame movies.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Isn't he the guy that challenged Quentin Tarantino to a wrestling match or something? Hmm.

Go-go Wiki-Fu!!!

Boll made headlines by challenging his critics to "put up or shut up". In June 2006, his production company issued a press release stating that Boll would challenge his five harshest critics each to a 10 round boxing match. Invitations were also open to film directors Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary.
                  Last edited by AdminAssistant; 03-21-2009, 01:25 PM.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Someone has suggested him as director for a (hopefully) upcoming Elric movie....
                    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                      Isn't he the guy that challenged Quentin Tarantino to a wrestling match or something? Hmm.

Go-go Wiki-Fu!!!
                      The funny thing about that challenge was that Boll was personally screening the entries, and if it looked like a reviewer had a boxing history (in other words, someone he couldn't completely wipe the floor with) they were disqualified.

His own ego is going to get him killed one of these days. I just hope I'm there with a video camera.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X