X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Ostara!

Happy Ostara all!

We're spending the day cleaning house, bathing pets, and other traditional "spring cleaning".
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

a very happy Ostara to all!!
    Spring is here

hmmm...I think I will have some nice fresh greens,.....
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

So, someone will have to educate me here! What is this Ostara? It doesn't sound like a word that's originally english...
      Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
      Me:

Comment

Is THAT why I had a sudden urge to clean! (Usually I just lie down until the feeling passes, but today I mopped the floor, shook out rugs, vacuumed... all that stuff!)

I'll pass on bathing pets, though. I need to update my tetanus booster first.

Ostara: the Anglo-Saxon goddess of Spring and her festival. There's a fair bit of evidence that way back when, the expanding Christian church assimilated this spring holiday, with its celebration of renewal and fertility, and conflated it with the Resurrection of Christ to give us the Christian holiday of Easter. There's layers on layers here, just like with the Christmas/Yule/Midwinter celebrations.

Today is the Spring Equinox, meaning that the day and night are of equal length. From now until Midsummer (summer solstice, June 21), the days get longer, we have another festival, days get shorter to Fall Equinox (more partying), then Midwinter comes with the longest night of the year (when we have to make as much noise and light as possible to bring the sun back again).

Any excuse for a party, I say

Comment

Ah, it's vårjevndøgn-related Maybe that'll give me the kick I need tomorrow to start packing for our moving!
          Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
          Me:

Comment

I suddenly decided to sort my balcony garden out today I love seeing things grow.
            As soon as I start thinking
            That I'm sensible and sane
            The Random Hedgehog comes along
            And fiddles with my Brain
            (from card I got)

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
              I suddenly decided to sort my balcony garden out today I love seeing things grow.

No growing things here for at least another 5 weeks... it's currently clouding over and we're supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow tonight...

(Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have moved here if I couldn't hack the weather.. but the spring snowstorms still catch me by surprise. The year I moved here, there was a dump of snow on May 2!)

Comment

Working...
              X