This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most awesome feeling in the world...

I haven't seen a lot of my granddaughter in the past couple of weeks.
    She has been at her other grandparents' houses, or with her Dad, or her Mom has stayed at friends' places.

She came home tonight, after being out all afternoon with her Mom, and I was snuggling her on my knee, singing to her and telling her how much Grandma loves her.

All of a sudden, just out of the blue she reached over and kissed me on the cheek.
    Then she did it again...and again.

It was deliberate. She knew exactly what she was doing.

I cried. (I know I'm sappy, but at that moment, I was just filled with so much love for that little girl.)

What a wonderful feeling when they start interacting and becoming aware of what's going on around them.

There has just been so much sadness and stress, but when I looked into those beautiful little eyes tonight as she planted those little baby kisses on my cheek...none of that mattered.

I just felt like sharing.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Yayyyy! I'm so glad to hear of something happy hapening for you!
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

She is just the cutest thing!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That's absolutely precious, Ree. Charlotte's beginning to recognize relationships and feelings.

This is just her first of many discoveries as she grows and learns about the world and people around her.

And that one little moment sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered for you as well.

Sometimes that's much better than all the medicine in the world.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My nephew will randomly call out, "HEEEYYYYY!!! I LOOOOOOVEEEE YOUUUUUUU!" It just gets better as they get older, Ree.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

*sniff*
            stop it ya'll, you're making me broody...

that's soooo cute Ree!!!!
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              My nephew will randomly call out, "HEEEYYYYY!!! I LOOOOOOVEEEE YOUUUUUUU!" It just gets better as they get older until they become teenagers, Ree.
              Fixed that for you.

My aunt just recently became a Grandma for the first time, and whenever she wants to cheer herself up, she'll just look at a picture of her grandson. Not that I'm biased or anything, but he IS pretty damned adorable.
              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Too cute!

Its the best feeling in the world for a little kid to hug you, kiss you and say they love you completely independently of you doing it first. The ultimate source of the warm fuzzies.

*This post made me sniffle a little, Ree... *

Comment

Yay for family, especially the innocent wee' ones

Comment

Working...
                  X