Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, I must be the only one who actually likes sign twirlers here! The ones in my area dance and generally act silly but unobtrusive. I think they're fun.
    My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

I've seen quite a few sign-twirlers in the area, especially with Circuit City going out of business (we have/had two in the area), and I never even thought of them pulling crap like what the OP mentioned. The ones I see usually look bored if anything.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      What annoys me about the change-bucket people (around here it's typically groups of inner city schoolkids), is that they think nothing about walking in/between the lanes on an insanely busy intersection
      That annoys the hell out of me as well, not just for the reasons everyone else mentioned, but because when they get to my car and can't or don't want to give anything, then I look like a selfish ass. I'm not sure which is worse, the ones that come up to your car, or the ones they used to have in the movie theaters, where the lights would go down, making you think the movie's starting, but instead they show a short film about some charitable organization, and then the lights come back up and some guy goes row by row with a can.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
        hmm, I must be the only one who actually likes sign twirlers here! The ones in my area dance and generally act silly but unobtrusive. I think they're fun.
        I liked some of the guys I saw in LA they had a flair, some even had tip hats and would get tips for the way they could toss a sign around.

I just have the one gripe and its basically the guys/girls who don't move and they have a large sign, that I can't see around them sometimes, cause I really don't want to hit a pedestrian with my car.. Mostly up here in WA, unfortunately and if they moved a bit they would stay warmer..

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
          Wow, and here I thought it was just something they had on NCIS once.
          That's the show I saw it on, but I was trying to be vague in my first post

Comment

Working...
          X