Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An apology for the oncoming apocalypse.

I appear to have caused a major malfunction the operation of the universe.

Next sunday the reality we all know will cease to be. Stars will spontaneously explode, the laws of nature, gravity and physics will no longer apply. There'll be roses blooming in the Arctic circle and icebergs in the Gulf of Mexico.

And what will cause this breakdown in the natural order of things. Me! Namely the fact that next sunday Boggles has a date! Witha woman. A real one. Who doesn;t need a straitjacket or a padded cell or a guide dog!

I have recently been flirting and attempting to impress a lovely lady who comes in the shop. She is a fellow country music fan, can quote both monty Python and Terry Pratchett and has been rebuilding a car in her garage. A 1963 2-door, split screen Morris Minor. Quite possibly the greatest car ever.

Anyway she came in today and was saying about how it was almost ready for a proper run out. I jokingly suggested that I was free on Sunday afternoon and she agreed. I suggested a rather nice pub so we are goign for a drive and then tea and apparently she was going to ask me anyway as she had been in yesterday asking ym co-worker if i was single!!

Obviously something will go wrong and the normal order of things will soon be restored
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Don't worry, Boggles. I recently realized that I'm approaching five months with BT. That's longer than I've dated anyone since high school. It's....freaky. *checks outside* Nope, no flying pigs....yet.

(Good luck on your date!)
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Hey, what's that?

Good luck!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Good luck with that.

Don't worry, the apocalypse doesn't officially start until I procreate, everything else is precursor.

However, I'd be happy to see roses in the Arctic circle.
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Now, now. This is hardly the end of the world. There are several nerdy/engineery, Python-quoting girls out there.

We just stay inside most of the time. You got lucky to be working at one of the few places we drag ourselves. Cursed Daystar...

Course, that might be why I never had a date until after college...
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

This sounds like something based more on "we have shared interests" than "she looks like a hot lay", so YAY - may you both be happy!

Comment

Congratulations.

Let's see, a country music fan, Monty Python fan, a Terry Pratchett fan . . . well as the man sang, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad...

Congratulations, and believe me, if the world didn't end when I started dating again and stayed dating for more than a year now, and then got engaged, the world's ending won't rain on your parade either.

Eric Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Good luck hon! Enjoy and don't worry, the world's not coming to the end

Comment

What? No zombies?
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    What? No zombies?
                    Yes, everything's better with zombies. Even the end of the world.

The people demand zombies!
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

No, see, when the Myran Calendar ends, there's supposed to be a Zombie Apocalypse. A group of friends and myself will hold up in the army base in New Mexico. Plenty of Ammo there.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I wish you the best, Boggles.
                        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Well, that was rather good fun.

One could really start to enjoy this dating lark!

We seemed to spend the entire meal quoting Discworld novels and The Life of Brian!

And that car is absolutely awesome.

And we're going to the pub quiz next week. Turns out we are both quiz geeks and have even been on the same TV quiz shows.
                          Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

Comment

Ahh, spring is here and the nerds are seeking mates and building nests.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                            X