This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a poltergeist...

...who either likes really weak coffee, or hates mine.

We have a Keurig brewer (best thing ever; yeah the K-cups can be expensive, but no more stale coffee!). I bought Mom a pod maker for it, and I'm using a "My K-Cup" gizmo we got earlier to use up the whole-bean coffee I have. It's basically a Keurig adapter with a mini filter basket inside. Makes a medium-sized cup (one up from demitasse-sized).

Very recently, whenever I put the My K-Cup in the brewer, the machine defaults to the largest cup size (basically a travel mug) and this cannot be changed. Needless to say, the resulting coffee comes out tasting like brown water (luckily none of my really good coffee has been ruined in this way).

I've tried opening and closing the lid (which would normally reset it), no can do. I've tried unplugging the machine and plugging it back in with the cartridge still in.

Once I remove the filter-basket cartridge and snap the normal one back in, I am once again allowed to select the desired cup size. The second I put the removable one back in, rinse and repeat above.

The really weird thing is, up until a week ago I had been using the basket-filter with no problems whatsoever. I can't seem to find any mechanical explanation...far as I can tell the cartridges are the same dimensions.

I should see if mom has had the same problem with her pod-maker adapter...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

You've angered the coffee gods. You must sacrifice the splenda by fire...;D

I personally HATE K cups. Theyre not as good as "normal" coffee, IMHO. This comes from about 6 years of drinking from the KCups. My job got them when they were still just commercial coffee makers. Ive never tried it with the gizmo that you have though. That might be worth it.

Comment

We use the Green Mountain Coffee K-cups, which IMO are the best. The brew size also takes a bit of finagling; I like my coffee strong, so always brew it one setting smaller than recommended. The "My K-Cup" thing can be a bit messy (washing out the used grounds), but it's not bad.

Why did the coffee gods decide to get angry now? We've had the thing for over a year...
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X