This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently...

I'm horribly depressed after having dumped my boyfriend. He not only called four of my close friends, but my freakin' brother as well, telling them to make sure I don't kill myself because something was really wrong with me and I was terribly depressed and going to hurt myself, etc, etc.

Yes, I was depressed for a couple months there, but by far not because of the fact that I broke up with him (which is fairly recent anyways). In fact, after I did, I felt a lot better! And during that time I certainly never came close to wanting to end it all. So is this an attempt to create drama? A projecting of his own feelings onto me or something? I eventually had to call him and tell him to stop freaking everyone out.

And a couple days ago he called my two best friends asking them to tell me he was over me. Because he couldn't tell me himself.

I'm kind of glad no one's told him I'm with someone else now...why do I always find the crazy ones?
    Would you like a Stummies?

I think someone SHOULD tell him you're with someone else so he can get off his high horse.
    I bet you're kind of glad you dumped him, too!
    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

Maybe he likes to think he'd be the type you would want to kill yourself over. I have NEVER met a guy who's worth that kind of trouble. He must really thrive on the drama he's trying to create. I think you should just spread the word to all to tell him that you're with someone new and to save the drama.
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I'm with Beth. Go ahead and tell him you're seeing someone else (unless you think he'll completely freak out in a bad way?). Clearly he's got issues...don't let him suck you into his drama.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

wow you dodged a ball with that one, if thats how hes handling himself

that type wouldnt last two seconds with me!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I say leave him to shrivel in a pit absent any drama that would be created if you told him anything anymore.

He's got nothing to do with you now, best it stays that way IMO.
            I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
              I say leave him to shrivel in a pit absent any drama that would be created if you told him anything anymore.

He's got nothing to do with you now, best it stays that way IMO.
              That's how I'm trying to play it out. He keeps calling me and I keep not answering. I know the moment I actually answer the phone he's going to act all 'worried' about me and insist that we meet. Fuck that. I'm having a rather good time that I would rather not have ruined.

Comment

put him as a do not answer and block his emails, even better delete him from your contacts! To hell with him!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Reminds me of Cheating Manwhore Of An Ex®.

Just ignore him.

If your family/friends want to tell him that you are otherwise involved, fine.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

That's pretty self important of him to have to check and see if you've harmed yourself over him. Especially if you're the one who ended it and you were crisp and clear of your intentions and made no further contact with him.

What a self absorbed little cockmuffin. Want me to knock some sense into him? I have plenty of experience with mentally unstable men!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't tell him anything. Just keep ignoring him. The best revenge in these cases is to be happy without him.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I'd like to amend what I wrote yesterday. Keep ignoring him. Let your friends tell him your seeing someone and you're just fine, next time he calls one of them. (Telling him yourself kind of goes against what I said about not getting sucked into his drama, doesn't it....)
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think this guy is unbalanced and this is his way to stay connected to her life and make sure there is drama surrounding him.

You probably ought to just not talk to or otherwise have anything to do with him. He might end up as some sort of obsessed stalker, given the way he's carrying on.

Comment

He did finally stop calling everyone and stopped calling me. Now he just leaves angsty Facebook statuses (and then I deleted him off that, too).

Well, at least I know the new guy a whole hell of a lot better. He has a four year track record of not doing anything insane while I've known him, will be a starving graduate with a history degree like me come May, shares my fucked sense of humor and knows how to be social without making a complete ass of himself. He's not as prone to crying like the other ones have been--maybe that's my good sign. And if ex is stalking me, hey, new guy's got a couple inches on him.

Comment

I don't want to scare you marty, but your new man's size might not scare away a stalker ex with a real plan of vengeance.

My Nancy Boy ex is about 6'2 and 150 lbs....like a Bob Saget string bean. My current boyfriend is training to be a UFC fighter (no I don't approve but what can I do?), is almost the same height, but is extremely buff and muscular and a little over 200 lbs. If he wanted to, he could sit on Nancy Boy and kill him.

Did that stop Nancy Boy? Not one bit. Not even when my boyfriend warned him to leave me alone, Nancy Boy raised his hand to try something, boyfriend grabbed it and then grabbed him by his shirt collar and had him up in the air, and several guys had to intervene and tear my boyfriend off of him and another guy had to block Nancy Boy from continuing to lunge at my boyfriend.

I'm glad to hear he's been leaving you alone for now, but just remember, size and looking intimidating isn't everything......if someone is hell bent on getting you back or making you feel like shit, they will try at any cost!

Be safe, be informed, and always be ready!

Edit to add: The UFC fighter part is a long term goal for him. For now, he's just training to be in the local fights and Wisconsin Rumble.
                              Last edited by blas; 03-27-2009, 02:28 AM.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X