This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it and I'm not regretting it

I don't know if many of you on the board know this, but I had colored my hair a while back. I have very dark brown hair. (It's a shade or two lighter than black - with lots of red highlights that come out during summer).

Anyways, my hair was growing and growing, my roots started to show and I was having two-toned hair. (Technically three toned, as I do have a lot of grey in the front area where my forehead and ears are, but surprisingly none in the back - I blame Mr. Rum, 'cos I look at him from the front, not from the back. ). Child Rum has asked me why I have different colored hair.

Ruh Roh Shaggy.

So today, I went to the local friendly neighborhood Hair Cuttery. Told the poor girl I wanted all the color chopped out. I told her that I knew it was going to be very short. Not to worry. I would swear on a stack of bibles, affadavits, the Hairdresser's Guide to the Universe if I had to, but I wanted the color out out out!

I got my wish. I'm attaching pictures for the amusement of the board. The first 2 will be my "before" and the last 2 will be my "after" shots.
    Attached Files

I think it's a good look for you.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Is that Child Rum?

She's SO CUTE! I just want to hug her!

I think I like the shorter hair better, actually.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yes, EQ, that is Child Rum! And thank you for thinking she's so Cute! I think so too!

Thanks HFP and EQ for thinking the short hair is better. After the haircut, I went to my parents' house to show off my hairdo. My mom just about had a heart attack!

Yeah, I like the shortness & color. It's been AGES since I've seen my real hair color.

Comment

I like the short hair too...

& Just imagine the $$ youll save on shampoo!!!!!

I second the Child Rum cuteness factor. Shes Adorable.

Comment

Wow. And I thought cutting mine above my shoulders was short...You are a braver woman than I. Though I know the feeling of just wanting the color out...several years ago I had my hair colored red with caramel highlights (normally it's a medium brown with gold/red highlights that come out in the sun), and the next time I went for a trim she touched up the highlights for free. The front pieces of my hair were so light - and I have never, ever wanted to be a blonde! (If it was my whole head I would seriously have cried.) It took about a year and a half for the lightest pieces to grow out, but the day I had those last bits at the end chopped off I was thrilled .
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You are such a Hot Mama!!!!

I have to say that there is something about a woman who can go into a hair "place" know with determination what she wants done and is pleased with the results.

I have to admit I am jealous of the time, water, energy etc. you are going to save being ready to walk out the door.

Hugs

Comment

Very cute cut. Very cute child Rum. What does she say about Momma Rum's new hairdo?

Comment

The Reactions of family members in the Rum household

Child Rum has not looked me in the face since yesterday morning. I think the short hair is a little too drastic for her to feel comfortable. She's slowly looking at me, but mainly she avoids looking at my face.

Mr. Rum was surprised when he saw my hairstyle for the first time. But he really likes it. He thinks I look more energetic and younger. That confuses my mom, but I'll take any compliment I can get!

Thank you everyone for the kind words and everything. I knew it was going to be short & I was afraid it was going to be a disaster. Plus, if I get tired of it being too short, I can always buy a short fall.

Comment

I really like the shorter hair. And I agree on the 'lookin younger' part.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                      Child Rum has not looked me in the face since yesterday morning. I think the short hair is a little too drastic for her to feel comfortable. She's slowly looking at me, but mainly she avoids looking at my face.
                      Not surprised. A drastic change like that would be more confusing than just the "two-colour" bit, I'm sure. Heck, I'm not autistic, and I was scared spitless the day my dad shaved off his beard when I was 6. Came home from kindergarten, and had absolutely no idea who the large man with the strange face was. First time he'd shaved it off completely in years. Took me a couple days to really be okay with it. It'll probably take her longer.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        <snip> and I was scared spitless the day my dad shaved off his beard when I was 6. Came home from kindergarten, and had absolutely no idea who the large man with the strange face was. First time he'd shaved it off completely in years. Took me a couple days to really be okay with it.<snip>
                        My Mom told me that my Dad did something like this...and I reacted exactly as you did. I think I may have been younger and when he tried to pick me up I cried!

Rum, I really like the short hair. I think it looks awesome.
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Mad snazzy.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Thanks everyone! Child Rum has decided she likes my hair. I've let her touch my hair and she likes to do that. I think my hair is a little longer than it was before. I think my hair grows quickly. (I put Miracle Gro on my head every night. )

Comment

This just in ...

I went over to my parents' house to do a quick visit and see my sister and her daughter. (My bro-in-law is out of the country due to his job).

Sister hadn't seen my haircut until then.

It has been decided by my entire family (Mr. Rum, my parents & my sister) that my new haircut makes me look like Bea Arthur. For those wondeing she was in the TV show, The Golden Girls.

True, she's a handsome woman ... but should I be offended? Or feel complimented? Now I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X