This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    "What is wrong with the following scenario: My phone went off at 8:20 am this morning... I shall see how delightful she is when I call her when I get home one night from the bars to tell her what a wonderful place Key West is at 4:30 am (2:30 am Denver time).
    So I just realized something. She texted you at 8:20 AM EDT, which means it was 6:20 AM in Denver where she undoubtedly sent the brunt of the texts to (unless everyone there hates her).

Now, 8:20 AM is reasonable for a lot of people (except for weekends).

But 6:20 AM? While I may be up at 6:20 AM most days of the week, how many other people are? Even people that are awake and walking about don't typically like calls that early in the morning.

To quote Charlie Brown "good grief"

My favorite cell phone (Nokia) had an alarm that would go off even if the phone was off. I loved that phone. But it doesn't seem like anyone has a phone that does that anymore.

And I completely understand about power outages. We don't have a big problem with that where I live, but if there's bad weather I always set my cell alarm and leave it on.

The emergency phone call thing is why I still have a land line. When my SIL went into labor it was only because of my hearing ringing in my sleep did we hear the cell phones going off at 3 AM.

Unfortunately it's also what allows my mother to call at 9 AM on Saturday.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      If I had a snowplow and lived in the Denver area, I would gladly do it.
      I'd do it and let you keep your cash...to buy me booze with it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

hhhhmmmmmmm I wonder IF I could get a dumptruck (full of snow), stick a pizza delivery topper on said truck, delivery to her, and accidently (of course) dump the laod of snow infromt of her car.

too bad Denver is a little distance away from me
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I feel like we've had this conversation before about phone settings. Oh, yeah, Jester's other "friend".

Well, anyway, that sucks, bro. I mean, from a friend who doesn't know you that well (And here I mean met you five seconds ago, because, like GK, I don't even know you personally, and even I knew within days of being on this site not to bug you in the morning), maybe, but your sister?? Sorry to hear about it, if I were in Denver I'd key 8:20 AM into her car or something for you. OK, not vandalism, but I could still like, piss it into the snow around her house or something.
          "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Nobody's answered the obvious question--why the hell is she calling Jester about a snow day several hundred miles away? Also, who the fuck cares?

Granted, at 8:20am, I'd be at work anyway...but I probably would rip the caller a new one
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Nobody's answered the obvious question--why the hell is she calling Jester about a snow day several hundred miles away? Also, who the fuck cares?
              She feels she needs to share her joy [read; misery] with other people?
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

You know, Jester, if my favorite cousin™ still lived in Denver, I'm sure she would've helped.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  By the way, I have a crisp hundred dollar bill for anyone who actually will go put a huge snowdrift in front of my sister's house. Preferably right up to her car, trapping it.
                  Hmm,

Plane ticket to Denver - £1200
                  Plow Hire - $200
                  Bail Bond - $5000

Jesters Money - $100

Hmmm, I'm no maths wizard but I can see that's not a shrewd investment decision...
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                    But 6:20 AM? While I may be up at 6:20 AM most days of the week, how many other people are? Even people that are awake and walking about don't typically like calls that early in the morning.

To quote Charlie Brown "good grief"
                    When did I say she was a nice person? Oh, that's right....I didn't. Because, well, she isn't. And it is amusing that you quoted Charlie Brown, of all people, because she very much reminds me of Lucy Van Pelt. She not only acts like her a lot, there is actually a physical resemblance. (Seriously!)

Quoth protege View Post
                    Because she's a fucking rude cunt? That's my theory, anyway.

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    Hmmm, I'm no maths wizard but I can see that's not a shrewd investment decision...
                    Which is why the bribe was offered to people who actually live there. I wouldn't want someone to go out of there way or anything, but if they happened to live near her, I would gladly part with a hundy if they would give her more snow than she could possibly ever shovel out of.

UPDATE: Oddly, I have not heard a peep from her since that day. So there is a silver lining to that cloud after all!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X